none
Prior Knowledge to Start Learning Windows Server

General discussion

• Hi Guys,

I want to start some training on window server, and wondering to know what kind of prior background knowledge do i need to have to start with Windows Server.

• Edited by Toni-Soft Thursday, September 26, 2013 10:09 PM linguistic error
    • Changed type Amy Wang_Moderator Tuesday, October 01, 2013 3:05 AM
    Thursday, September 26, 2013 10:08 PM

All replies

• It's better to know end user OS before and to have a basic knowledge of networking.

Thus, usually how to integrate end user computer in a domain is a start, and later you start to learn more.

It all depend on your job too, a level 2 tech job help, as usually you will be backed by senior tech.

MCP | MCTS - Exchange 2007, Configuring | Member of TechNet Wiki Community Council | French Moderator on TechNet Wiki (Translation Widget)

Friday, September 27, 2013 1:04 AM
  • Hi,

To study Windows server, you just need to have an overall understanding about Windows machines, there aren't any strict requirements.

For systemic study, I recommend that you take some classes from some experts. 

Then read some books and links by yourself, you may need a mentor to guide you when you encounter some questions.

I also strongly recommend that you set up a server lab environment for testing.

Here is a link below that is related to Windows Server:

Windows Server

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb625087.aspx

I hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Amy Wang

Tuesday, October 01, 2013 3:06 AM