none
Unable to modify custom attribute in FIM Portal

Question

• Here is what I have done

1) Administration --> Schema Management --> All Attributes --> New .. created a new one.. Main details are

System Name: test

Data Type: Integer

Multivalued: No

Finish

2) Then Clicked on All Bindings --> New

Resource Type: User

Attribute Type: test

Clicked Finished

3) Now when i goto users and click on a user --> advance view .. I can see the attribute but no textbox next to it to edit it..

I think I probably need some MPR to give admins access to modify all attributes? If so how?

Or what else is missing?

This is a dev environment and at the moment i don't care about the attribute flowing to other systems or anything else. This is just to test a setup of MRP / Workflow

Cheers

Friday, October 25, 2013 12:03 AM

Answers

• Hello,

you are right, no one incl. Admins have permissions on this new attribute by default.

For giving permissions to the Portal Admins to modify this attribute, you have to add the new attribute to the attributelist in the Set: Administration: Administrators can read and update Users 

In addition to that, if you want the SyncService to export data for that attribute to the FIMService you need to add this attribute also to the Set: Synchronization: Synchronization account controls users it synchronizes

In my environment I set this to All Attributes for Admins and SyncService in order to make adding attributes to objecttype easier.

Regards
    Peter

Peter Stapf - Doeres AG - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

• Marked as answer by FIM N00b Sunday, October 27, 2013 10:31 PM
    Friday, October 25, 2013 7:29 AM