none
I have a problem with my OpsMgr SDK Service in my SCSM 2012

Question

• I was deleting some users and computers from service manager and I also removed them from Deleted items. After that my connectors , Exchange, SCCM and AD did not work. The Event log said that it could not trigger the workflow to the database and the event errors are here downbelow.

I found this blog and went trough it but it did not work. http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager/archive/2013/01/14/troubleshooting-workflow-performance-and-delays.aspx

I am hoping that somone has been in this trouble and give me a advice. Thanks in advance.

Log Name:      Operations Manager

Source:        SMCMDB Subscription Write Action Module

Date:          18.7.2013 22:55:28

Event ID:      33614

Task Category: None

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          N/A

Computer:      rek-scsm-t01.isbank.is

Description:

The database subscription is unable to trigger the Windows workflow because of Data Access service errors.

The following errors were encountered:

Exception message: The location monitoring object is not managed.

One or more subscriptions were affected by this. 

Subscription name: Incident_Desired_Configuration_Management_Custom_Rule.Update

Instance name: Desired Configuration Management Event Workflow Configuration

Instance ID: {2F08E334-D903-280A-3B76-FAD41150D4DA}

Management group: SM_SCSM

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="SMCMDB Subscription Write Action Module" />

<EventID Qualifiers="49152">33614</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-07-18T22:55:28.000000000Z" />

<EventRecordID>439478</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Operations Manager</Channel>

<Computer>rek-scsm-t01.isbank.is</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>SM_SCSM</Data>

<Data>Incident_Desired_Configuration_Management_Custom_Rule.Update</Data>

<Data>Desired Configuration Management Event Workflow Configuration</Data>

<Data>{2F08E334-D903-280A-3B76-FAD41150D4DA}</Data>

<Data>The location monitoring object is not managed.</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Source:        OpsMgr SDK Service

Date:          18.7.2013 22:55:28

Event ID:      26319

Level:         Error

Description:

An exception was thrown while processing SubmitTasks for session ID uuid:97859023-d7a5-4fbf-89ed-4747cd562416;id=4.

Exception message: The creator of this fault did not specify a Reason.

Full Exception: System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.LocationObjectNotManagedException]: The creator of this fault did not specify a Reason. (Fault Detail is equal to Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.LocationObjectNotManagedException: The location monitoring object is not managed.).

Event Xml:

<System>

<Provider Name="OpsMgr SDK Service" />

<EventID Qualifiers="49152">26319</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-07-18T22:55:28.000000000Z" />

<EventRecordID>439477</EventRecordID>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>SubmitTasks</Data>

<Data>uuid:97859023-d7a5-4fbf-89ed-4747cd562416;id=4</Data>

<Data>The creator of this fault did not specify a Reason.</Data>

Data>System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.LocationObjectNotManagedException]: The creator of this fault did not specify a Reason. (Fault Detail is equal to Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.LocationObjectNotManagedException: The location monitoring object is not managed.).</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Icelandic DBA admin

Thursday, July 18, 2013 11:57 PM

All replies

• Were you removing them from the CMDB or removing accounts from under administration > security > runas accounts?

Friday, July 19, 2013 11:36 AM
  • Thank you for you reply marshalexander99

I was removing them from the CMDB

b.r. OlafurS

Icelandic DBA admin

Friday, July 19, 2013 12:03 PM
  • From the sound of it, you may have removed the service account CI form the CMDB.  Can you confirm whether your service account still exists as a CI?

Cheers

Shaun

Friday, July 19, 2013 7:47 PM
  • Hi Shaun, thank you for your reply.

The service account is in Adminstrator-Security-User roles-Administrators-users. It is also in the Run as accounts to be used with the connectors.

Can I see the service account in CMDB with a sql script ?

I found an article to flush the Health Service Cache. http://blogs.technet.com/b/mihai/archive/2012/05/14/configuration-update-fails-with-event-ids-29106-29206-29100-in-om-2007-r2.aspx

After I flushed the Health Service Cache the tvo ID errors disaparred, that I had before, but a Warning came instead in the Event Viewer with the ID 29106.

I cant find anything about this warning related to SCSM, but there are many articles of this for SCOM. Maybe I am not on the right track so any help would be appriciated.

Here is the Warning ID 29106 from the Event Viewer.

Source:        OpsMgr Config Service
    Date:          19.7.2013 22:24:31
    Event ID:      29106
    Level:         Warning
    Description:
    The request to synchronize state for OpsMgr Health Service identified by "04ade137-6a1c-2bd1-1214-ae0ad377584c" failed due to the following exception "System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
       at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
       at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
       at Microsoft.Mom.ConfigService.Common.KeyedDictionary`2.get_Item(K identity)
       at Microsoft.Mom.ConfigService.Common.Graph`3.FindVertex(I identity)
       at Microsoft.Mom.ConfigService.Engine.InstanceSpaceManager.FindInstance(Guid identity)
       at Microsoft.Mom.ConfigService.Engine.ConfigurationEngine.CommunicationHelper.StateSyncRequestTask.CreateResponse(Managers managers)
       at Microsoft.Mom.ConfigService.Engine.ConfigurationEngine.Managers.Synchronize(OnDoSynchronizedWork onDoSynchronizedWork)
       at Microsoft.Mom.ConfigService.Engine.ConfigurationEngine.CommunicationHelper.StateSyncRequestTask.Execute(Managers managers)
       at Microsoft.Mom.ConfigService.Engine.ConfigurationEngine.CommunicationHelper.StateSyncRequestTask.Run(Guid source, String cookie, Managers managers, IConfigurationDataAccessor dataAccessor, Stream stream, IConnection connection)".
    Event Xml:
      <System>
        <Provider Name="OpsMgr Config Service" />
        <EventID Qualifiers="49152">29106</EventID>
        <Level>3</Level>
        <Task>0</Task>
        <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-07-19T22:24:31.000000000Z" />
        <EventRecordID>442944</EventRecordID>
        <Security />
      </System>
      <EventData>
        <Data>04ade137-6a1c-2bd1-1214-ae0ad377584c</Data>
        <Data>System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
       at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
       at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
       at Microsoft.Mom.ConfigService.Common.KeyedDictionary`2.get_Item(K identity)
       at Microsoft.Mom.ConfigService.Common.Graph`3.FindVertex(I identity)
       at Microsoft.Mom.ConfigService.Engine.InstanceSpaceManager.FindInstance(Guid identity)
       at Microsoft.Mom.ConfigService.Engine.ConfigurationEngine.CommunicationHelper.StateSyncRequestTask.CreateResponse(Managers managers)
       at Microsoft.Mom.ConfigService.Engine.ConfigurationEngine.Managers.Synchronize(OnDoSynchronizedWork onDoSynchronizedWork)
       at Microsoft.Mom.ConfigService.Engine.ConfigurationEngine.CommunicationHelper.StateSyncRequestTask.Execute(Managers managers)
       at Microsoft.Mom.ConfigService.Engine.ConfigurationEngine.CommunicationHelper.StateSyncRequestTask.Run(Guid source, String cookie, Managers managers, IConfigurationDataAccessor dataAccessor, Stream stream, IConnection connection)</Data>
      </EventData>
    </Event>

Icelandic DBA admin

Friday, July 19, 2013 11:08 PM
  • I was more meaning a CI for the service account in Configuration Items > Users.  However....

Not seen this error myself with Service Manager, but take a look at the following article:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2635742/en-us .....just to ensure that nothing strange has been going off with the time on your servers as this can have an impact, under OpsMgr at least.

Also, I have seen instances of this event log being generated on OpsMgr when many MPs are imported at the same time, and also with high disk latency on the server hosting the database.  Also worth checking.

May not be of assistance, but let me know how you get o.

Cheers

Shaun

Saturday, July 20, 2013 2:04 PM
  • Hi Shaun, Thanks for hanging in ther with me.

I misunderstud you about the users account but there are none accounts in the Configuraration Items - Users.

I went trough the article and ran scripts but it didn't work. But I was thinking if there are any user or service accounts in the Configuration Items and that could be the problem.

Do you know any way  to insert the domain acounts into the Service Manager database. By sql or powershell scripts or CSV file or somehow. That is if the problem is that the service account isn't in the CMDB.

Best Regards OlafurS

Icelandic DBA admin

Saturday, July 20, 2013 11:51 PM