none
Performancepoint Multiple Roles in one data connection

Question

• Hi,

I have an SSAS cube with 2 roles-

Agent Role- shows each sales agent his own deals only

Africa Role- shows only Africa deals (of all agents)

PPS dashboard based on each of the above seperately works fine.

We want certain sales agent to be able to see his own deals + all Africa deals.

So we gave him permissions to both roles in the cube.

When specifying both roles (with comma separation) in the same data connection, he is able to see all data!!

What is the solution for this?

Is there another way other than duplicating the whole dashboard and connecting the new dashboard to a different data connection with only single role? (it doesn’t sound good to duplicate items just for a different role connection).

Thanks

Namnami

Monday, September 09, 2013 8:51 AM

All replies

• Anyone?

Please help-

how does one PPS data connection with 2 roles work? (in case same person is in both roles)

or how to use (/replicate) same dashboard to be used with 2 different roles?

Thanks

Namnami

Monday, September 16, 2013 8:37 AM
  • Anyone can help?

If not I guess my only way out is to reassemble a similar dashboard with a new connection using a different role seperately. But that not clean work since it reproduces duplicates.

Namnami

Wednesday, October 02, 2013 8:47 AM
  • How is your security setup on the data source?  I am assuming you are using the Unattended Service Account.

Have you tried to use the CustomData and/or looked at using Per User authentication?  You should not have to specify the Role if you are using this type of setup because then the context of the user will be passed and the data will be filtered based on how you have the security defined on the SSAS database.

If you are not able to do that then you have to do it as you have and you would need to create multiple data sources and dashboard content to get the desired outcome.

Dan English's BI Blog

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 11:26 AM