none
Internet time off of about 15 minutes

Question

• This morning I noticed all the computers in our small office had their clock off of about 15 minutes (they are about 15 minutes late). I checked the clients with the command "w32tm /query /status" and they correctly synch to the Windows SBS 2011 server. I also checked the server with the same command and it points correctly to http://time.windows.com/ and the server synched the time correctly. Is time.winsows.com off? Anyone else experiencing the same issue? Thanks.

• Edited by gio79 Monday, October 21, 2013 1:54 PM edited for clarity
    Monday, October 21, 2013 1:54 PM

Answers

• I noticed the same problem this morning. As a result several shares on non-windows servers would not allow access due to the time synchronisation error.

I reconfigure w32time to use local ntp servers. You can have more than one NTP server in the list too so you should stay in sync. I found the instructions on how to configure w32time here.

• Marked as answer by gio79 Monday, October 21, 2013 3:28 PM
    Monday, October 21, 2013 3:08 PM

All replies

• I noticed the same problem this morning. As a result several shares on non-windows servers would not allow access due to the time synchronisation error.

I reconfigure w32time to use local ntp servers. You can have more than one NTP server in the list too so you should stay in sync. I found the instructions on how to configure w32time here.

• Marked as answer by gio79 Monday, October 21, 2013 3:28 PM
    Monday, October 21, 2013 3:08 PM
  • Thank you. I suspect it is a problem with the time server and I hesitating if waiting for it to be fixed or changing the time server...
    Monday, October 21, 2013 3:29 PM