none
ID 3123 - Failed to update permissions used for end-user recovery on XXX.

Question

• Hello, I've been searching DPM forum for this error and I've seen a lot threads about this problem but I can't solution. Can anyone tell me if this is a problem or bug (and can I leave it in DPM alert window).
    Monday, August 26, 2013 11:14 AM

All replies

• Have you tried this:

Open Server Manager on the DPM server and expand Roles > File Services > Share and Storage Management.
    Remove any shares with the \\?\C :\ in the Local path if they are preceeded with a red X. (DPM will recreate these correctly afterwards). Resume backup.

You can also try to restart the Server service on the protected server (or reboot it). If a shared folder is renamed when it is accessed remotely, the share becomes invalid. DPM then tries to get info about that share at next sync and fails. If you restart the Server service you will get event id 2511 for each invalid share. The server then marks the fileshare orphaned. DPM will now ignore this orphaned share.

Another thing to try is if you don't use end user recovery, then in DPM Administrator Consol > Management > Options > End-user Recovery > Uncheck Enable end-user recovery (if it is checked).

Thursday, August 29, 2013 9:16 AM