none
Save button for InfoPath form view

Question

• When using InfoPath form views I can disable the InfoPath Ribbon and just use a Submit button to create a new item in the associated list.

But, If I just want to edit a list item with a particular InfoPath form view, and then want to save the changed item... I need the InfoPath ribbon as it has a Save button.

Submit is not equal to save as it will create a new record.. not save the record being edited.

So...any way to make a Save button that will do the same thing as Save in the InfoPath Ribbon?

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 7:57 PM

Answers

• Try the following steps:

Create two Data connections(Type --> Submit data) :

Provide the URL to the Forms library in the "Document Library" section

1) SharePoint Library Submit (Give form name that you want in the "File name" section) --> Call this Data connection on Submit.

2) SharePoint Library Submit Update (In the file name section , write concat(form name,".xml")). Check the box for "Allow overwrite if exists". --> Call this Data connection on Update

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 12:30 AM

All replies

• They both have different functionality and the inbuilt processes to fire when used. It is not a good idea to have them both work as there are big differences between the two:

U can save the form by name of your choice but when you submit the form it gets submitted with the name mentioned in the data connection.

Conditional formatting, data validations gets fired on submit click, not on saving the form. But you can submit both the saved and the submit form from the form library only.

On saving the form, values entered gets saved but they are not passed to the form library columns with which they are linked. Hope it helps.

Regards, Kapil ***Please mark answer as Helpful or Answered after consideration***

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 8:12 PM
  • Try the following steps:

Create two Data connections(Type --> Submit data) :

Provide the URL to the Forms library in the "Document Library" section

1) SharePoint Library Submit (Give form name that you want in the "File name" section) --> Call this Data connection on Submit.

2) SharePoint Library Submit Update (In the file name section , write concat(form name,".xml")). Check the box for "Allow overwrite if exists". --> Call this Data connection on Update

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 12:30 AM
  • I'm doing a list... but if the same functionality is there, I'll give this a try.

Thanks

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 1:17 AM