none
SCOM 2012 SP1 and WMI Fixes for a Windows 2012 Server

Question

• Hi,

I am having WMI leaks on a Windows 2012 Server can anyone tell me what all the patches i need to fix the WMI issues on a indows 2012 server?

These below errors only appear in the Application log if the SCOM agent is started....

The Open Procedure for service "MOMConnector" in DLL "C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager\Agent\MOMConnectorPerformance.dll" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the error code.

The Open Procedure for service "HealthService" in DLL "C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager\Agent\HealthServicePerformance.dll" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the error code.

The Open Procedure for service "ESENT" in DLL "C:\Windows\system32\esentprf.dll" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the error code.

Monday, June 24, 2013 4:52 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

I am having WMI leaks on a Windows 2012 Server can anyone tell me what all the patches i need to fix the WMI issues on a indows 2012 server?

These below errors only appear in the Application log if the SCOM agent is started....

The Open Procedure for service "MOMConnector" in DLL "C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager\Agent\MOMConnectorPerformance.dll" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the error code.

The Open Procedure for service "HealthService" in DLL "C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager\Agent\HealthServicePerformance.dll" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the error code.

The Open Procedure for service "ESENT" in DLL "C:\Windows\system32\esentprf.dll" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the error code.

I also did a repair on the Agent and they grow worse.
    Monday, June 24, 2013 5:02 AM
  • Please reload the library
    To reload a performance library:
    1.Click Start, click All Programs, and click Accessories.
    2.Right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
    3.At the command prompt, type cd %SYSTEMROOT%\System32 and then press ENTER.
    4.At the command prompt, type lodctr:\<ini file>, where <ini file> is the .ini file for the library that you want to reload.
    For detail, pls. refer to
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc774913(v=ws.10).aspx

Roger

Monday, June 24, 2013 6:02 AM
  • I found the same issued using SCOM 2012 SP1 agent on a Lync 3013 (OS =2012) server.

The copy and paste Roger have done twice does not help. The MS link has also been downvoted strongly by people trying to use it.

Edit:

I found the following:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2554336?wa=wsignin1.0

Executing on my 64 bit server:  (note the error 2 releates to missing 32 bit counters, I assume this is ok on a 64bit OS)

Windows PowerShell

Copyright (C) 2012 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

PS C:\Windows\system32> cmd
    Microsoft Windows [Version 6.2.9200]
    (c) 2012 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>lodctr /R

Error: Unable to rebuild performance counter setting from system backup store, error code is 2
    C:\Windows\system32>cd ..

C:\Windows>cd syswow64

C:\Windows\SysWOW64>lodctr /R

Info: Successfully rebuilt performance counter setting from system backup store
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64>winmgmt.exe /RESYNCPERF

C:\Windows\SysWOW64>

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 9:48 AM
  • See also

Handle leak in WmiPrvSE.exe process on a Windows 8-based or Windows Server 2012-based computer

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2790831

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 10:27 AM