Wednesday, September 08, 2010 1:27 PM
I am having a problem with counters & it seems to be all Active Manager Client counters. Do they need to be reloaded ? Below is the main section of the errors. I am seeing it for numerous AMC counters such as Client Side Calls, Client side cache misses etc (11 in total).
Performance counter updating error. Counter name is Client-side Calls, category name is MSExchange Active Manager Client. Optional code: 2. Exception: The exception thrown is : System.InvalidOperationException: The requested Performance Counter is not a custom counter, it has to be initialized as ReadOnly.
Last worker process info : Last worker process info not available!
Processes running while Performance counter failed to update:
These errors seem to be somewhat related to problems with Exchange Search Index Service. The performance counter errors load when the service is started and then within a few minutes I am getting dr.watson on that service which is causing repeat DAG failovers in a loop unless I stop the service.
Am running E2010 WITHOUT SP1 (SP1 is not optional right now)
any suggestions please ?
Friday, September 10, 2010 8:09 AMModerator
On the exchange server where you are getting error
1. Go to Start-->Run-->Perfmon
2. Click on “Performance Monitor” node
3. Click on the “+” button to see the Available counters
4. Verify if “MSExchange Active Manager Client” is in the list
5. If the counter is present but still you are getting the error in application log then it needs to reload
Notes: Sometime even if the counter listed but still we get the errors then the possibility is that the specific counter is corrupted or unable to load properly
Please verify if the registry entries do exist for “MSExchange Active Manager Client”. If not, import the entries from other exchange servers (Reference)
SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchange Active Manager Client\Performance
Notes: You will get error information “Unable to open Driver key: SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchange Active Manager Client\Performance Status value: 2” if you load the counter but there’s no registry entries
Steps to unload and load the counter
1. Stop all the exchange-related services on the server
2. Open the command prompt by “Run as an Administrator”
3. Go to "C:\Program files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\Setup\Perf"
4. To Unload Counter
C:\Program files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\Setup\Perf>unlodctr "MSExchaneg Active Manager Client"
5. To Load Counter
C:\Program files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\Setup\Perf>lodctr ActiveManagerClientPerfmon.ini
6. Once the command is completed then you can start all the services
TechNet Subscriber Support (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/ms788697.aspx)
If you have any feedback on our support, please contact email@example.com
- Marked As Answer by Alan.GimModerator Wednesday, September 15, 2010 2:12 AM
Wednesday, May 08, 2013 8:09 AM
My problem resolved by doing below stesp