Monday, April 30, 2012 9:52 PM
I tried to install Exchange 2010 sp2 on a dag member, following http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb629560.aspx
Bu I always get the following error:
Client Access Role
The following error was generated when "$error.Clear();
$CommandAppCmd = join-path $env:SystemRoot System32\inetsrv\appcmd.exe;
$imagePath = [System.IO.Path]::Combine($RoleInstallPath, "ClientAccess\Owa\auth\exppw.dll");
Start-SetupProcess -Name "$CommandAppCmd" -args "install module /name:exppw /image:`"$imagePath`" /add:false" -IgnoreExitCode @(183);
Start-SetupProcess -Name "$CommandAppCmd" -args "add module /name:exppw /app.name:`"Default Web Site/owa`"" -IgnoreExitCode @(183) " was run: "Process execution failed with exit code 50.".
Process execution failed with exit code 50.
Click here for help... http://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/library/ms.exch.err.default(EXCHG.141).aspx?v=126.96.36.199&e=ms.exch.err.Ex88D115&l=0&cl=cp
I really need help!
Thanks and regards
Monday, April 30, 2012 10:18 PM
While I have never seen this error, on Exchange 2010 CAS servers you have to install the IIS6 WMI Compatibility role. Have you done so?
New Prerequisite for Exchange 2010 SP2
Installing Exchange 2010 SP2
MCTS: Messaging | MCSE: S+M
Monday, April 30, 2012 10:24 PM
Thanks for replying.
Yes, I had to install it before I could continue with the installation. I even rebooted the system after that.
This server has all roles installed: mbx, hub and cas.
Monday, April 30, 2012 10:32 PMstupid question but are you running it as administrator (opening cmd with run as administrator and running the file)
Tuesday, May 01, 2012 8:09 AM
Not that stupid. The first time i was running it in "normal" mode ;-)
Then I also tried to run it as administrator, but directly on the file (Shift + right click, run as Administrator)
Tuesday, May 01, 2012 2:31 PMtry running through CMD. CMD being elevated to Admin
Tuesday, May 01, 2012 7:52 PM
I will try that, but I will be able only next week. I'll keep ypu updated.
Sunday, June 03, 2012 8:58 PM
Just a short update.
Running the update through an elevated cmd didn't work.
The following article gave me a hint to the problem:
I didn't change the name of the default website, but I created a new owavirtualdirectory in another website. So I recreated the owa virtual directory in the default website, and the service pack 2 installation worked.
- Marked As Answer by PeterN22 Sunday, June 03, 2012 8:59 PM