Tuesday, February 21, 2012 4:51 AM
I am first time deploying the Exchange DC-DR scenario, what all are the configuration I will have to do ?
My DC site exchange scenario is completed and working fine.
2 CAS+HUB, 2 MBX are in DC and same will be in DR.
I have a separate replication network in DC but not in DR.
I will create different CAS array for both the sites.
Should i go for the lagged database copies for DR or I should go for continuous replication ?
Like :- DB1 (One active copy in one mailbox server of DC, one passive copy in second mailbox server of DC & one lagged copy on one DR mailbox server )
How the lagged copies will help me ?, why should I go for the lagged copies ?
What should be the replication delay ?
The FWS is in my DC HUB server, should I configure the alternative FWS in DR HUB server.
Please explain me all the precaution/procedure. I should follow for DR scenario.
Tuesday, February 21, 2012 5:12 AM
Please find the below link provide much detail information setup about how to set up high availiabity..
Wednesday, February 22, 2012 6:36 AMModerator
Here is another article about DR in Exchange 2010:
Monday, February 27, 2012 6:45 AM
some more question,
I have separate replication network in DC, but not is DR, Please tell me how the replication between DC-DR will be occur ?
I read in this article that “we should configure the lagged copies as blocked for activation by using the Suspend-MailboxDatabaseCopy cmdlet with the ActivationOnly parameter. This ensures that the lagged database copies won't be activated if a database or server failover occurs” What is the benefit of using this. Please explain
Monday, February 27, 2012 11:25 AMKindly suggest.
Monday, February 27, 2012 5:01 PM
If you don't have a replication network at DR site, then it will go over the MAPI network.
You 1st need to decide if you want lagged copies or not. If you block activation, would you want to mount a lagged DB copy automatically. Probably not.
Saying that, if it;s in DR in it's own site, then it shouldn't activate automatically as this would be a site failure, this will only be for DC or server failover/switchover.
Tuesday, February 28, 2012 3:46 AM
Thanks a lot !!!
Some more question,
- As I don’t have replication network in DR but I have in DC, would I need to do some additional setting for replication from DC to DR or I just add the database copies to DR MBX servers ?
- I will create a separate CAS array for DR which will be map to DR CAS server VIP, is it right ?
- I have done redirection in DC CAS servers, do I need to do the same for DR ?
- I have some users who is setting permanently in my DR site, I will be create one separate DB for them, I want that when they access OWA (mail.mydomain.com) they should automatically get redirected to DR CAS servers, how to get this done ?
- Yes, I will be use lagged DB copies, is there any ideal replication delay or this is as per requirement ?
Tuesday, February 28, 2012 10:01 AMPlease update.
Tuesday, February 28, 2012 10:41 AM
You have too many questions in a single post, normally it's one question per post.
- Just add, it will use the MAPI if not replication is available.
- Will get done automaticlly.
- Per requirement.
- Marked As Answer by VLCC Tuesday, February 28, 2012 10:47 AM
Tuesday, February 28, 2012 10:48 AMThanks!!!