Monday, June 04, 2012 8:49 PM
We have a number of rooms that we allow people to reserve. We user the resource booking attendent and have a few delegates to approve the rooms. We have been using this for 2 years and it has been working well. But I talked to the delegates today and in passing, they said that in order for a user to delete the scheduled room, they have to call the delegates to delete the room.
I tested this with a standard user account. I created a room reservation, the delegate accepted the appointment. I then went to My Calendar, and deleted the appointment. I was watching both my calendar and the room calendar. Both appointments disappeared, but after about 20 seconds, the event came back on the room calendar. The event didn't show any modification or notification as if it had been cancelled. Is this by design? Or maybe my permissions wrong? Thanks!
Monday, June 04, 2012 9:01 PM
That and a lot of other behaviors can happen when there are multiple clients open to the same calendar, especially when those devices are different versions of Outlook, Macs, mobile devices, or, worst, a combination of all of the above. The first thing you can do is to be sure that none of the clients have the calendar open in cached mode. Then you might want to be sure that all clients are running the same versions and latest patches of the same client.
Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
Thursday, June 07, 2012 7:42 AMModerator
Auto Accept Agent is an asynchronous store event sink that provides automatic server-side processing of meeting requests that are sent to resource mailboxes.
If the e-mail message is not a calendar item, Auto Accept Agent may delete it, based on the setting for the DeleteNonCalendarItems parameter, to keep the Inbox clear of read e-mail messages. If the request is a cancellation, the meeting is removed from the calendar.
In addition, here is another post for reference. Hope helps.
TechNet Community Support
Thursday, June 21, 2012 8:17 PMI haven't been able to get back to this, but hope to in the next few days. The clients are all up to date, on PC's, but they are running in cached mode. So I'll see if turning off cached mode makes a difference and report back. Thanks