none
Office Groove 2007 account

Question

• Hi,

Is there a way to use the Sharepoint Workspace 2010 account with Office Groove 2007 SP2?.  I have a Sharepoint Workspace 2010 configured in a Laptop but the application did not support Office 2010 and support only Office 2007.  Can we backup the SWS account and use it with Groove 2007?  Would appreciate a help.

Thanks

IKAN

Thursday, November 04, 2010 6:16 PM

Answers

• Hi IKAN, 

You cannot use an account that has been upgraded or created in SharePoint Workspace on a Groove 2007 installation.  An account used on multiple computers must be at the same version level.  What you can do is create a new account on your Office Groove 2007 computer and invite that account to all of your spaces – but you cannot use the same account that you are running on your SharePoint Workspace computer.

Gregg

MSFT
    Monday, November 08, 2010 6:29 PM

All replies

• Hi IKAN, 

You cannot use an account that has been upgraded or created in SharePoint Workspace on a Groove 2007 installation.  An account used on multiple computers must be at the same version level.  What you can do is create a new account on your Office Groove 2007 computer and invite that account to all of your spaces – but you cannot use the same account that you are running on your SharePoint Workspace computer.

Gregg

MSFT
    Monday, November 08, 2010 6:29 PM
  • Hi Gregg,

Isn't that shows the MS's inability to get back the source?  I have already solved this issue with creating the new account in version 2007.  Since we are a MS Gold Partner, our concern not only for us.  I have found several such cases in various forums.  Why don't MS technet  support think about the way downgrading the groove account version 2010 to 2007?  Just a suggestion.

Best regards,

IKAn

Monday, November 08, 2010 7:03 PM