none
FIMMA is very slow FIM 2010 R1

Question

• Hi,

We have only 600 user and 5 Management agent (AD and sql type).When i run the FIMMA, it is taking  more than 3 hours to   run the Export,Sync and import opertaion.Please suggest me how to improve the performance of FIMMA.

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 5:50 AM

All replies

• Which profile run step is taking the longest?  What type of objects are synchronizing (users, groups, etc.)?  Any criteria-based groups?  Any group which might include most or all of your users, aside from Domain Users (which is not calculated)?

It has been my experience that performance issues can occur during the synchronization step, as there is usually a calculation of the reference values for group objects, which keeps up with membership.  However, I have run into problems where the nesting strategy of these groups sometimes overlap, and membership is way more complicated than necessary.

Revisiting group nesting knocked our processing time down from 45-60 minutes to less than 10 minutes during a delta sync.  Of course, we have 20k users.

Let us know.  I am curious too if you are experiencing long processing during import/export specifically as well.

Regards, Jose Garza | MCP, MCSA:2003 | http://josetheadmin.blogspot.com

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 7:19 PM
  • Import and Sync of FIMMA is taking long time to sync the 600 user. We are not using any groups.

Getting the user information from a sql table and provision to AD and and other 4 application which are uses sql table.

Thanks

Harry

Saturday, June 22, 2013 9:34 AM