none
Forward Rule Not working on External Domains

Question

• hi

I have problem in exchange server 2010

i set rule to forward email when it comes (rule for all received Emails) send to my gmail  and my Manager email (exchange email) !

forwarding email to local email working likes charm but to external domain like gmail,yahoo not works !!!

another point is that sending email  manually to external domain works fine?

please someone help !!!?

Sunday, December 08, 2013 12:38 PM

Answers

• Hi Mohammad,

AutoFoward to external domains works only if the “Allow Automatic Forward” is checked in Remote Domain Properties. Here is the reference:

Open EMC > Organization Configuration > Hub Transport > Remote Domains > Properties > Message Format > Allow automatic forward

If you would not like to allow it anyway, I’d recommend you create a mail contact for the external email address in your organization for the workaround.

Regards,

Rebecca Tu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 09, 2013 7:55 AM

All replies

• Hi

I think before creation of transport rule, make ensure that you have created Mail contact of your external domain id.

Try it this way.

Regards, Md Ehteshamuddin Khan All the opinions expressed here is mine. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Sunday, December 08, 2013 2:27 PM
  • Hi Mohammad,

AutoFoward to external domains works only if the “Allow Automatic Forward” is checked in Remote Domain Properties. Here is the reference:

Open EMC > Organization Configuration > Hub Transport > Remote Domains > Properties > Message Format > Allow automatic forward

If you would not like to allow it anyway, I’d recommend you create a mail contact for the external email address in your organization for the workaround.

Regards,

Rebecca Tu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 09, 2013 7:55 AM