none
PowerPivot Management DashBoard Errors

Question

• Hello,

First of all, I configured Kerberos in CA. I have installed and configured PowerPivot in my farm. I installed SSAS to my App Servers, and deployed the solution to my WFEs. I installed SQL Server 2008 r2 SP1 on SharePoint PowerPivot instances to avoid bubble chart error but it did not work out. I still see "Red X" in Management Dashboard. (1)

In addition to the problem above, when I open Management Dashboard first error message is "An error occurred during an attempt to establish a connection to the external data source. The following connections failed to refresh:

Data" (2)

I have "PowerPivot: The deployed farm solution is not up-to-date. Failing servers: WFE1, WFE2" (3)

What I configured so far?

I was getting credentials pop-up box, I configured web.config in PowerPivot folder on all SP Servers! No more asking credentials!

I installed SQL Server 2008 r2 SP1 on PowerPivot Instances

I checked the Assembly and PowerPivot versions they both match!

I uploaded PowerPivot data with slicers to a library, slicers works nice!

I uploaded PowerPivot data as well as its data connection to data con. library, it also works.

Note: C2WTS runs under domain account, and I configured SPNs, and Delegation.

I have problem with Central Admin. If you can help, I would appreciate it.

I have never configured CA with Kerberos before, it might work without Kerberos, but I want to achieve it with Kerberos. I have SP Farms that I use NTLM in CA, and I don't have any problem.

Thanks

Thursday, November 21, 2013 11:22 PM

Answers

• Ok, here is my solution. PowerPivot is working on all web applications except Central Admin Web App.

I re-checked all steps in my notes, and I found out I did not grant the excel services account permission on CA web application content database!!

$w = Get-SPWebApplication -Identity http://cawebapp

$w.GrantAccessToProcessIdentity("domain\excelservices")

I don't have the problem anymore.

Thanks

Monday, December 02, 2013 4:46 PM

All replies

• Since kerb is such a pain, we made some health analyzers to assist : http://sdssharepointlibrary.codeplex.com/releases/view/92022

Scott Brickey
    MCTS, MCPD, MCITP
    www.sbrickey.com

Friday, November 22, 2013 4:13 AM
  • Workbook Activity Chart is working now, but I still get the error below

An error occurred during an attempt to establish a connection to the external data source. The following connections failed to refresh:

Data

I don't have data in Infrastructure -Server Health

Friday, November 22, 2013 2:59 PM
  • ULS Logs shows;

EXCEPTION: Microsoft.AnalysisServices.SharePoint.Integration.DataRefreshException: The application has detected that another process is attempting a malicious action on the shared synchronization object object. The application will close immediately.     at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.SharePoint.Integration.GeminiDataRefreshTimerJob.CheckOwnerAgainstWSSWPG(ObjectSecurity objSecurity)

EXCEPTION: Microsoft.AnalysisServices.SharePoint.Integration.DataRefreshException: The application has detected that another process is attempting a malicious action on the shared synchronization object object. The application will close immediately.    
     at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.SharePoint.Integration.GeminiDataRefreshTimerJob.CheckOwnerAgainstWSSWPG(ObjectSecurity objSecurity)    
     at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.SharePoint.Integration.DataRefreshService.ensureMutexIsOriginal(MutexSecurity mutexSecurity)    
     at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.SharePoint.Integration.DataRefreshService.Execute()

Friday, November 22, 2013 3:56 PM
  • I still have the issue. Any ideas?

Thanks

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 5:30 PM
  • Hi,

Based on the error message, I recommend to register a DLL for SQL Analysis Services OLE DB Provider on the server where excel services is running.

You can find the reference there: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee210608.aspx

Here is a similar thread for you to take a look at:

http://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/17277/powerpivot-data-refresh-exception

Best Regards,

Linda Li

Linda Li
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, November 29, 2013 8:35 AM
  • Hey Linda,

I've already registered DLL for SQL Analysis OLE DB provider, and I still get the same error.

Thank You

Friday, November 29, 2013 7:16 PM
  • Hi,

The 'Microsoft.AnalysisServices.SharePoint.Integration' error will occur if the application-level solution for PowerPivot did not deploy correctly.

You need to deploy the solution package.

1. In Central Administration, in System Settings, click Manage farm solutions.
    2. Click Powerpivotwebapp.
    3. Click Deploy Solution.
    4. Choose the web application for which this error is occurring. If there is more than one web application, redeploy the solution for all of hem.
    5. Click OK.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Linda Li

Linda Li
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 02, 2013 3:33 AM
  • I already deployed to all web applications! I'm getting this error in Management Dashboard!

An error occurred during an attempt to establish a connection to the external data source. The following connections failed to refresh:

Data

It does say "Data"! It does not say "PowerPivot Data"

I'm not sure what is the issue!

Monday, December 02, 2013 4:00 PM
  • Ok, here is my solution. PowerPivot is working on all web applications except Central Admin Web App.

I re-checked all steps in my notes, and I found out I did not grant the excel services account permission on CA web application content database!!

$w = Get-SPWebApplication -Identity http://cawebapp

$w.GrantAccessToProcessIdentity("domain\excelservices")

I don't have the problem anymore.

Thanks

Monday, December 02, 2013 4:46 PM