none
Data Flow Succeeds with Incomplete Output on New Server

Question

• Hello!

I've run into an odd issue.

I've been running a package that pulls data via MDX from a cube to a SQL Server database and the expected number of records is 1.2M.

I've changed the destination data source to another SQL Server instance on another server and the same package only extracts 20K records and reports success!

Does anyone have any ideas about what is wrong on the new destination server?

Thanks!!

Piers

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 5:36 PM

Answers

• Hi Piers,

50K seems to be that default limit on the DFT for the buffer.

I am curious if CU 4 update to SP1 that you have fixes this.

How did you design the package? Any special tweaks?

It would be interesting to get the row count sent to the target as in http://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/1417/custom-logging-in-sql-server-integration-services-ssis/

Arthur My Blog

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:47 PM

All replies

• I understand the package extracts the data from the same source, so the question is what it does with the renaming records. Did you enable logging on the SSIS package?

I would set the SQL Profiler up on the destination to check what was is hitting it.

By the way what SQL Server, SSIS edition and build + patching level is that?

Arthur My Blog

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 5:45 PM
  • Hi Arthur,

The new server is SQL Server 2012 64bit Version 11.0.3000.0 on WS 2012 (9200). SSIS is Version 11.0.2100.60

I just ran a trace in SQL Profiler on the destination DB and can't see anything glaringly inaccurate.. The weird thing is that the source is stopped at 50k rows this time .. but the same package still runs to 1.2M records when I point back the destination to the original server.

I didn't enable logging just yet. What should I be looking for?

Thanks for your help!

Piers

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:34 PM
  • Hi Piers,

50K seems to be that default limit on the DFT for the buffer.

I am curious if CU 4 update to SP1 that you have fixes this.

How did you design the package? Any special tweaks?

It would be interesting to get the row count sent to the target as in http://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/1417/custom-logging-in-sql-server-integration-services-ssis/

Arthur My Blog

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:47 PM
  • not sure is this is the answer.. I installed CU6 for SQL 2012 SP1 but still had the same issue.

Pretty sure it has to do with Kerberos or BIDS settings..

I run the packages in SQL Agent with my proxy account and that works perfectly.

Thanks for your help!

Thursday, September 26, 2013 6:50 PM