none
How can I remove Windows 7 Tabletpc feature completely.

Question

• HI

I have windows 7 home premium (OEM) Dell. I bought wacom bamboo fun and touch stylus pen recently but problem is that it doesnt work on it.  After googling around I found that windows 7 when attached to a stylus pen device, starts to think itself as a Tablet PC and overrides the drivers of wacom (something like that).  I tried my pen on my windows 8 desktop which works fine.  I contacted wacom and got some troubleshooting, I was able to run it for a while but of not much use in the end I was told to contact windows website.  I tried to uninstall the tablet pc feature from windows features but the problem still persists.  The pen seems to work for a while but later on looses its control.  Apart from it I was never able to use its touch and pen capabilities together.  your help is appreciated in advance.

Thanks

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 10:06 AM

Answers

• http://superuser.com/questions/75426/how-can-i-completely-disable-tablet-functions-in-windows-7

1 Click "Start" and then click "Control Panel."

2 Double-click "Programs and Features." If you do not see this option, click "Classic View" on the left side of the window. This brings up a list of installed programs.

3 Click "Turn Windows features on and off" on the left side of the window. This opens a new window containing a list of the optional Windows features that are installed on the computer.

4 Remove the check from the box labeled "Tablet PC Optional Components" and click "OK." Note that removing optional Windows components can take 10 to 15 minutes or more, even on fast computers. Be patient. Restart your computer after this process is complete.

5 Click "Start" and then click "Control Panel" after returning to the desktop.

6 Double-click "Administrative Tools" and then double-click "Services."

7 Scroll down to "Tablet PC Input Service." This service should now say "Disabled." The tablet PC components have been removed from the computer.

Thanks

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 12:33 PM

All replies

• http://superuser.com/questions/75426/how-can-i-completely-disable-tablet-functions-in-windows-7

1 Click "Start" and then click "Control Panel."

2 Double-click "Programs and Features." If you do not see this option, click "Classic View" on the left side of the window. This brings up a list of installed programs.

3 Click "Turn Windows features on and off" on the left side of the window. This opens a new window containing a list of the optional Windows features that are installed on the computer.

4 Remove the check from the box labeled "Tablet PC Optional Components" and click "OK." Note that removing optional Windows components can take 10 to 15 minutes or more, even on fast computers. Be patient. Restart your computer after this process is complete.

5 Click "Start" and then click "Control Panel" after returning to the desktop.

6 Double-click "Administrative Tools" and then double-click "Services."

7 Scroll down to "Tablet PC Input Service." This service should now say "Disabled." The tablet PC components have been removed from the computer.

Thanks

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 12:33 PM
  • is your prblm solved?? here is another solution open  run type services.msc and navigate to TabletInputService and disable it

Thanks

• Proposed as answer by don'zz Wednesday, September 25, 2013 10:13 AM
    Wednesday, September 25, 2013 10:12 AM