none
Multiple servers running on one machine?

Question

• I have a client that wants to install/run Exchange 2013 and SharePoint 2013 together on a Server 2012 base OS. Is this possible and can the server also be the domain controller?

They have been told by Dell sales reps that these will all work on one server.

Skeptical.

• Edited by alwhowishes Thursday, September 26, 2013 12:12 AM
    Wednesday, September 25, 2013 11:54 PM

Answers

• I have a client that wants to install/run Exchange 2013 and SharePoint 2013 together on a Server 2012 base OS. Is this possible and can the server also be the domain controller?

They have been told by Dell sales reps that these will all work on one server.

Skeptical.

Oh, and yes, I now see what the Dell rep mean... by hyper-v. They just forget to tell you that you need a lot more licence, like 4 windows 2012 license or an enterprise license.

You need an AD for Hyper-V to work, and it's agaisnt the bestpractice to install your AD into the Hyper-V host.. so for that shot I would tell you better the SBS way or you would need two physical's server.

Thanks

MCP | MCTS - Exchange 2007, Configuring | Member of TechNet Wiki Community Council | French Moderator on TechNet Wiki (Translation Widget)

Thursday, September 26, 2013 2:23 AM

All replies