none
How to create 100% offline media for multiple models?

Question

• I am configuring MDT 2012 Update 1 for deploying Windows 7 and Windows 8. We need to build 100% offline media for imaging non-network connected machines. Network imaging of machines is also needed. We have approximately 10 models of equipment. In MDT I plan to use %ModelAlias% (from a custom script) to determine which OOB driver folder should be used for a TS. I'm building a library folder structure of device/OS specific drivers, so there's no mass PnP confusion. We may also need to use %modelalias% to install device specific software (such as hotkey software) packages.

Where I need clarification is how to appropriately build the offline media that can use the %modelalias% logic and select the right drivers/applications like the online method does.

When I create a new media item it's very limited what I can specify. I'm limited to one selection profile. So a little insight on the best extensible way to approach this would be appreciated.  

Blog: derek858.blogpspot.com VMware vExpert 2012

Sunday, July 14, 2013 3:07 AM

Answers

• Yes, that's why I said if you don't want everything, you'll probably want to enhance your folder structure by adding folders for those objects so it gives you something more granular to select in the profile.

David Coulter | http://DCtheGeek.blogspot.com | @DCtheGeek

• Marked as answer by vDerekS Sunday, July 14, 2013 11:04 PM
    Sunday, July 14, 2013 2:18 PM
    Answerer

All replies