none
Windows 8 Custom boot logo

Answers

• This modification is not  supported or recommended by Microsoft. It will change Windows System files and might cause damage and problem with other parts of OS. If Windows 8 UEFI is enable , it should replace with Windows logo, because during measured boot, Windows will check for modification in system files and if it detect such thing will repair it.

I haven't try this myself, but if anyone try it in Windows 8, please feel free to share the result in Windows 8 with UEFI enable.

Sunday, October 13, 2013 1:10 PM
  • there is no other known method and Microsoft will never support changing the logo.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

The only other method is supported by the motherboard manufacturer only. If a manufacturer makes a BIOS tool available (iirc only Intel currently does) you can put the picture in the BIOS. If Windows 8, 8.1, WinPE 4 or WinPE 5 boots in UEFI mode, it will use that picture as its boot logo.
    Monday, October 14, 2013 6:49 PM

All replies

• This modification is not  supported or recommended by Microsoft. It will change Windows System files and might cause damage and problem with other parts of OS. If Windows 8 UEFI is enable , it should replace with Windows logo, because during measured boot, Windows will check for modification in system files and if it detect such thing will repair it.

I haven't try this myself, but if anyone try it in Windows 8, please feel free to share the result in Windows 8 with UEFI enable.

Sunday, October 13, 2013 1:10 PM
  • Then any recommended (alternate) way to do this, or its impossible?

N.A.Malik

Sunday, October 13, 2013 3:27 PM
  • try this unsupported hack:

http://www.winmatrix.com/forums/index.php?/topic/36724-windows-8-custom-boot-logo/page-2#entry321171

Sunday, October 13, 2013 4:11 PM
  • Hi

This is what I have mentioned in my 1st post (same method).

Seems like its not possible?

N.A.Malik

Sunday, October 13, 2013 8:09 PM
  • there is no other known method and Microsoft will never support changing the logo.

Monday, October 14, 2013 5:15 AM

The only other method is supported by the motherboard manufacturer only. If a manufacturer makes a BIOS tool available (iirc only Intel currently does) you can put the picture in the BIOS. If Windows 8, 8.1, WinPE 4 or WinPE 5 boots in UEFI mode, it will use that picture as its boot logo.
    Monday, October 14, 2013 6:49 PM
  • have you ever tried this? Does this work?

Monday, October 14, 2013 7:08 PM
  • It does work. Even if you do not put in a custom boot logo into the BIOS, if the board supports such a thing and you boot one of the above OSes in UEFI mode, the BIOS splash screen is typically the boot logo.
    Tuesday, October 15, 2013 3:41 PM