none
Deploying both x86 and x64 version of Java

Question

• I will need to push out both version of Java x86 and x64 to Windows 7, It just install the first deployment type.  Is there a way to make it install both?  I am using MSI for the deployment type.

thanks

Paul

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 5:49 PM

Answers

• This is by design.  Only the "preferred deployment type" will be installed for an app which has multiple deployment types.

You have two options here:

Option 1) Create separate apps for the x86 and x64 versions and use multiple deployments to push both versions of Java to the systems/users that need it.

- OR -

Option 2) For the applications which will utilize Java, make both Java deployment types dependencies of the primary applications and allow ConfigMgr to install the Java MSI packages along with the primary applications which utilize them.

• Marked as answer by Paul024 Wednesday, July 11, 2012 6:24 PM
    Wednesday, July 11, 2012 6:17 PM
  • I was thinking was to make one of the Java dependent on the other. Thanks for confirming it.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 6:24 PM

All replies

• This is by design.  Only the "preferred deployment type" will be installed for an app which has multiple deployment types.

You have two options here:

Option 1) Create separate apps for the x86 and x64 versions and use multiple deployments to push both versions of Java to the systems/users that need it.

- OR -

Option 2) For the applications which will utilize Java, make both Java deployment types dependencies of the primary applications and allow ConfigMgr to install the Java MSI packages along with the primary applications which utilize them.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 6:17 PM
  • I was thinking was to make one of the Java dependent on the other. Thanks for confirming it.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 6:24 PM