none
Help, me find my IP address please?

Question

• I was needing help in finding my own IP address as I have never attempted to do this before, as well as how to remotely connect to someone else's computer with their permission of course as it is my sister and I live in the United States of America and she currently lives in Australia? Or is this possible at all? And is the IP address' of hers and mine what I need to connect to each other's computers?

Thank you Sincerely,

This is quite urgent please help me...

Sincerely,

rebrose-oz13

Saturday, July 13, 2013 9:55 PM

Answers

• As 10crackers wrote, Teamviewer is a good program to connect to your sister’s computer to look at or change something.

To answer your other question, you have two IP Addresses:
    1. INTERNAL IP ADDRESS
    Open a Run window (Windows Logo key+R), type cmd /k ipconfig (note the two spaces), press Enter and the internal IP Address of the computer (usually beginning with 192.168) will be displayed.

2. EXTERNAL IP ADDRESS
    Your external IP Address can be found here http://whatismyipaddress.com/

Sunday, July 14, 2013 7:04 AM

All replies

• Use TeamViewer. You don't need to know the IP with TeamViewer. Just have them give you the numbers and password that is displayed when they start it then you enter them into yours to connect.

Windows XP Post SP3 Updates

• Proposed as answer by 10crackers Sunday, July 14, 2013 7:13 AM
    • Edited by 10crackers Saturday, April 19, 2014 7:47 PM 404
    Sunday, July 14, 2013 1:25 AM
  • As 10crackers wrote, Teamviewer is a good program to connect to your sister’s computer to look at or change something.

To answer your other question, you have two IP Addresses:
    1. INTERNAL IP ADDRESS
    Open a Run window (Windows Logo key+R), type cmd /k ipconfig (note the two spaces), press Enter and the internal IP Address of the computer (usually beginning with 192.168) will be displayed.

2. EXTERNAL IP ADDRESS
    Your external IP Address can be found here http://whatismyipaddress.com/

Sunday, July 14, 2013 7:04 AM
  • To  know your computer ip address follow these steps:
    Start--->run-->Type cmd
    Then command prompt will display.
    type ipconfig
    then it will display your system ip address

If you want to know your Network IP address then visit IP-details.com here they display Internet service provider,IP address, location, Longitude,latitude and so on.

• Edited by verit Wednesday, February 12, 2014 6:04 AM
    Wednesday, February 12, 2014 5:51 AM