none
How do you display the "wiki home page" as a web part on your "site home page"?

Question

• Hi...here is my dilemma.  I added a wiki library to my site (using MOSS 2007).  I already have a custom template for the SharePoint site home page and it does not utilize the Wiki template.  I want my site home page to list the "wiki home page" as an embedded web part.  I tried using the "Page Viewer Web Part"; however, it displays the whole SharePoint site page including the tabs and the quick launch.  I just want it to display the "wiki home page" content along with the three links (Edit, History and Incoming Links) from the upper-right-hand corner in a web part.  Is this possible?

Quick backgroud as to why I'm trying to display the wiki this way.  I understand that users can get to the wiki through the normal navigation (Global link tab or Quick Launch link), but I'd like to give them a quick look at the Wiki Home Page as a small web part when they come to the SharePoint site I have created.  Basically, a user will get a quick shot of the Wiki and if they click on a link then the whole wiki will display as normal.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers,

Chris
    Wednesday, September 17, 2008 7:36 PM

Answers

• I just stumbled on this while trying to solve the same issue. I realize I probably won't be much help to the OP, but for posterity's sake, I solved this issue by adding the Wiki Web Part associated with my wiki library, then I simply configured it to only display "Wiki content" and filtered for the name of the page I wanted to display. Works like a charm. 
    Monday, May 23, 2011 2:24 PM

All replies

• I'm trying to do the same thing.  Has anyone resolved this?

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 9:49 PM
  • Hi,

Analyse file the wkpstd.aspx at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\TEMPLATE\DocumentTemplates. beasically this file is responsibe for Wiki Pages and Hoe these pages will render.

if you include content of this file in u'r webpart then you can acheive it.

Best of Luck.

Vikas Garg
    Monday, February 23, 2009 11:22 AM
  • Is there a way to do this as a SharePoint user and site owner. I am nogt an administrator.

Thanks,

Howie
    Tuesday, April 07, 2009 9:09 PM
  • I need to be able to do this as well. Vikas, can you please provide more information about how to include that file's contents in the web part? 

Monday, April 20, 2009 4:18 PM
  • I just stumbled on this while trying to solve the same issue. I realize I probably won't be much help to the OP, but for posterity's sake, I solved this issue by adding the Wiki Web Part associated with my wiki library, then I simply configured it to only display "Wiki content" and filtered for the name of the page I wanted to display. Works like a charm. 
    Monday, May 23, 2011 2:24 PM
  • jwoodruff... this sounds like the right solution.  How do you configure it to only display Wiki content, and filter for a specific page?
    Friday, December 16, 2011 9:47 PM
  • OK - I figured out how to do that but not quite working.  I add the wiki web part, modify the web part view.  Under current Selected View I choose Edit the current View.  From there I can set Wiki Content only, and a filter for the page Name.  When I do so, it says there are no items to show in this view, but the filtering is right...
    Friday, December 16, 2011 10:00 PM
  • Got it to work but I had to use a Contains for some reason - Name Contains wikipagename
    • Proposed as answer by Guy Wicks Tuesday, February 11, 2014 3:57 PM
    Friday, December 16, 2011 10:03 PM
  • Very nice. It's so simple I feel like i should have thought of it on my own. Anyway, thank you for sharing, I think it solves the problem perfectly.

Though I did a slight modification: I filtered to the ID number of the wiki page because it's less likely to be changed by either me or other users.

Thursday, May 31, 2012 11:36 AM
  • So, for those of you who understand this--can you explain the solution?

Is 'adding the wiki web part' the same as adding a Page Viewer webpart, or is it perhaps the Socialtext Wiki Page Viewer? or is there maybe some other kind of web part called "wiki" somewhere?

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 6:28 PM
  • You need to enter the name of the wiki including the extension. For example wikipagename.aspx
    Sunday, March 30, 2014 8:48 PM