none
The Server Certificate does not match the hostname..

Question

• Dear All,

We have around 11 Sun OS Servers, I have deployed on 6 servers without any problem but on some servers I am receiving the following certificate error: 

The server certificate on the destination computer (server_FQDN:1270) has the following errors:    
    The SSL certificate contains a common name (CN) that does not match the hostname.

Although, the name is absolutely correct and it is discovering successfully, the agent is installing on some servers but some servers are giving error..

I am looking for your help..

Regards,

NS   
    MCP,MCTS(Vista),MCSA(Messaging)
    Wednesday, December 16, 2009 10:54 AM

Answers

• Naveed.

I'm getting the same error when the name of the server is diffrent from the name in the DNS. What you can do is adding the name in the certificate to the HOSTS file.

• Marked as answer by Robert_Hearn Monday, January 04, 2010 9:45 PM
    Wednesday, December 16, 2009 12:39 PM
  • oh..
    You ad the CN that the certificate contains to the HOSTS file. You dont have to add anuthing to the certificate
    Wednesday, December 16, 2009 2:55 PM

All replies

• Naveed.

I'm getting the same error when the name of the server is diffrent from the name in the DNS. What you can do is adding the name in the certificate to the HOSTS file.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009 12:39 PM
  • Thanks matswig for the reply..

I will double with the name of the server...!!

I can add the name and IP in the host file but how can add the name in the certificate ?

Regards,

NS
    MCP,MCTS(Vista),MCSA(Messaging)
    Wednesday, December 16, 2009 1:47 PM
  • oh..
    You ad the CN that the certificate contains to the HOSTS file. You dont have to add anuthing to the certificate
    Wednesday, December 16, 2009 2:55 PM