none
Need to create a logbook in word

Question

• I need to create a custom logbook to print out in Microsoft Word. It has to be 365 pages long, one day per page for a full year. Every page will look the same, except for the date in the top right corner will progress on each subsequent page. How can I easily create this, without copying, pasting, and changing the date manually 365 times. I'm open to using Excel or PowerPoint if they will work better.
    Friday, July 19, 2013 10:55 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

As this issue, the customer need to add date on the top right corner on each page.

So we can use Text Box and insert Date & Time to do that.

Follow the steps:

1. Go to Insert tab -> Text Box -> Draw Text Box
    2. Then drag the Text Box on the location where you want to show the date.
    3. Go to Insert tab -> Text group -> click Date & Time, it will show today’s date in the Text Box.
    Monday, July 22, 2013 8:26 AM
  • Thanks, but I think you've misunderstood my request. I need to create a 365 page document, with each bearing a different date, for each day of the year. Ie: Page 1 is labeled January 1, 2013, Page 2 is labeled January 2, 2013......etc. Is there a way for Microsoft office to create this for me, without having to type the date manually 365 times?
    Monday, July 22, 2013 2:33 PM
  • Hi,

Use Insert Date & Time will not need you to enter the date manually, after you click the button, it will automatically show today's date.

Jaynet Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, July 25, 2013 1:24 AM