none
Can i manage PC's on multiple domains

Question

• Im new to intune and have only really just got round to begin researching it.

As a support company can we sell Intune subscriptions to all of our customers and manage all there desktops from Intune. I.E. multiple networks, domains etc.

Probably a silly question but worth a shot!

Thanks

Paul

Monday, May 28, 2012 4:48 PM

Answers

• Hi Paul,

You can subscribe to Windows Intune with a partner account and details of it can be found here, https://mspartner.microsoft.com/en/us/pages/solutions/windows-intune.aspx#

Thanks,
    Karuna

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 4:40 PM
  • Yes, what you do is have your customers sign up for a Windows Intune account. They pay for the monthly subscriptions to Intune for each of the PCs they want managed. Then you assign yourself as the Partner of Record (POR) so you can manage all of those machines. Or you could initiate the Windows Intune subscription for your client, which would automagically add you as the POR. PORs get a percentage of the monthly license fees.

- just keep in mind that licenses cost $11/month and that it is a year long committment for each license, regardless if there is a computer to manage. 

(in other words, company xyz buys 20 licenses and has only 15 PCs, they are on the hook for paying $55/month for the entire year for those 5 licenses that are not being used, as there is no downgrade for the first year)

Yes, you can manage PCs from multiple networks, multiple domains, multiple companies, whatever you have. You will have to manually assign each computer to a "group" within the Intune console.

For example, I have 3 client companies. I create 3 client groups called Company 1, Company 2, Company 3, and I assign each computer appropriately. I can even create subgroups within groups.

With Windows Intune, this allows you to define specific settings for each Group and Subgroup.

But, do be aware that Windows intune is lacking in the Remote Desktop Management area. You as the Service Provider cannot initiate and connection to a Windows Intune managed PC by yourself. A person (usually the client) must be at the client machine and they have to initiate a Remote Session with you.

I recommned that you purchase something like ScreenConnect ($300) that allows you to connect to any machine without anyone being present at the client side. The machine has to be on and connected to the internet.

Hope this helps!

Joseph Butler

www.mypcsolutions.biz

• Edited by Joseph E Butler Tuesday, June 05, 2012 12:30 PM
    • Marked as answer by Paul_GP Sunday, November 18, 2012 10:03 AM
    Tuesday, June 05, 2012 12:28 PM

All replies

• Hi Paul,

You can subscribe to Windows Intune with a partner account and details of it can be found here, https://mspartner.microsoft.com/en/us/pages/solutions/windows-intune.aspx#

Thanks,
    Karuna

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 4:40 PM
  • Yes, what you do is have your customers sign up for a Windows Intune account. They pay for the monthly subscriptions to Intune for each of the PCs they want managed. Then you assign yourself as the Partner of Record (POR) so you can manage all of those machines. Or you could initiate the Windows Intune subscription for your client, which would automagically add you as the POR. PORs get a percentage of the monthly license fees.

- just keep in mind that licenses cost $11/month and that it is a year long committment for each license, regardless if there is a computer to manage. 

(in other words, company xyz buys 20 licenses and has only 15 PCs, they are on the hook for paying $55/month for the entire year for those 5 licenses that are not being used, as there is no downgrade for the first year)

Yes, you can manage PCs from multiple networks, multiple domains, multiple companies, whatever you have. You will have to manually assign each computer to a "group" within the Intune console.

For example, I have 3 client companies. I create 3 client groups called Company 1, Company 2, Company 3, and I assign each computer appropriately. I can even create subgroups within groups.

With Windows Intune, this allows you to define specific settings for each Group and Subgroup.

But, do be aware that Windows intune is lacking in the Remote Desktop Management area. You as the Service Provider cannot initiate and connection to a Windows Intune managed PC by yourself. A person (usually the client) must be at the client machine and they have to initiate a Remote Session with you.

I recommned that you purchase something like ScreenConnect ($300) that allows you to connect to any machine without anyone being present at the client side. The machine has to be on and connected to the internet.

Hope this helps!

Joseph Butler

www.mypcsolutions.biz

• Edited by Joseph E Butler Tuesday, June 05, 2012 12:30 PM
    • Marked as answer by Paul_GP Sunday, November 18, 2012 10:03 AM
    Tuesday, June 05, 2012 12:28 PM