none
Sql Server Configuration is Not Displayed!!

Question

• hi all,

i am using SQL server 2008. i have sysadmin permission in server level, also i have administrator privilege from the windows security.

i am getting the below error when i am trying to see SQL server services in sql server configuration manager.

The server threw an exception. [0x80010105]     

can any one please suggests what could be the reason.

Thanks

Tarni
    Thursday, January 06, 2011 5:38 AM

Answers

•  

Hi Tarni,

SQL Server Configuration Manager retrieve the service information from Windows Management Instrumentation, could you please try to restart the WMI from Windows Services?

If there are any progress, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks,
    Weilin Qiao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Aditya Badramraju Friday, January 07, 2011 11:02 AM
    • Marked as answer by Tarni Kumar Friday, January 07, 2011 1:23 PM
    Friday, January 07, 2011 10:56 AM

All replies

• If you are Windows server 2008 or Windows 7 , have you tried to open the SQL server configuration manager with Run as Administrator option ?
    Thanks, Leks
    Thursday, January 06, 2011 5:58 AM
  • Yes Lekss,

i am using Windows server 2008 and i tried with Run as Administrator option.

i am getting the same error.

Thanks 

Tarni
    Thursday, January 06, 2011 6:22 AM
  • Tarni

It is possible the installation went wrong, do you connect succsfully to the server? Everything else works OK?

Best Regards, Uri Dimant SQL Server MVP http://dimantdatabasesolutions.blogspot.com/ http://sqlblog.com/blogs/uri_dimant/
    Thursday, January 06, 2011 6:34 AM
  • Tarni

It is possible the installation went wrong, do you connect succsfully to the server? Everything else works OK?

Best Regards, Uri Dimant SQL Server MVP http://dimantdatabasesolutions.blogspot.com/ http://sqlblog.com/blogs/uri_dimant/
    Thursday, January 06, 2011 6:34 AM
  • yes  Uri,

this is one of the biggest server contains. 7 TB data.yes other things are working fine.

Thanks

Tarni
    Thursday, January 06, 2011 6:54 AM
  •  

Hi Tarni,

SQL Server Configuration Manager retrieve the service information from Windows Management Instrumentation, could you please try to restart the WMI from Windows Services?

If there are any progress, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks,
    Weilin Qiao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Aditya Badramraju Friday, January 07, 2011 11:02 AM
    • Marked as answer by Tarni Kumar Friday, January 07, 2011 1:23 PM
    Friday, January 07, 2011 10:56 AM
  • Thanks Weilin Qiao,

it worked, i just Restarted the  WMI Services and it displays all sql server configuration information.

Thanks a lot

Regards Tarni 

Tarni
    Friday, January 07, 2011 1:25 PM
  • I am dealing with the same issue. However I have restarted the WMI services and started the WMI Performance Adapter and I am still receiving this error. Any other possibilities?
    Tuesday, December 27, 2011 6:21 PM
  • Hello Weilin,

What are the effects of restarting this service on the SQL cluster and databases? Do i have to bring all instances down before restaring this service? 

Best regards,

Ayhan Yilmaz

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 10:34 AM
  • Hi,

I am getting same error on SQL 2008 R2 "The server threw an exception. [0x80010105]   " and when I restart the WMI service I am getting another error "the object invoked has disconnected from its clients 0x80010108"

And on Event viewer I am getting below error message.

"Event filter with query "select * from __instancecreationevent within 60 where targetinstance isa "win32_service" and targetinstance.name="msmpsvc"" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/cimv2" because of error 0x80041010. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected."

Thanks.

Thursday, July 03, 2014 4:34 AM