none
How to install .net framework 3.5 on Windows Server 2012

Question

• I got to questions:

Is it possible to install System Center COnfiguration Manager 2012 to Free HyperV server 2012 physical one?

how to install .net framework on Windows server 2012?

i got this error as in picture.
    I tried to install by specifying the path to Windows ISO \Sources\SxS\ folder, and nothing happen.
    What i've to do?

Regards!

Lasandro Lopez

Friday, March 15, 2013 3:22 PM

All replies

• 1. Yes. Free Hyper-V, meaning the stand-alone version is hyper-visor as ESXi.
    2. You will need to mount Server 2012 installation .iso to a virtual drive, that it will be shown as D: (or other drive letter) and then specify D:\Sources\sxs in server managment wizard.
    • Proposed as answer by yannara Friday, March 15, 2013 4:14 PM
    Friday, March 15, 2013 4:14 PM
  • for

1. i mean the free HyperV Server 2012, that is only cmd and powershell. So please confirm, could it be installed there? or System Center 2012 SP1 requires the Standart Version of Windows Server 2012.

2. I tried what you suggest, and it could not be installed, even with cmd :(

Lasandro Lopez

Friday, March 15, 2013 7:41 PM
  • for

1. i mean the free HyperV Server 2012, that is only cmd and powershell. So please confirm, could it be installed there? or System Center 2012 SP1 requires the Standart Version of Windows Server 2012.

2. I tried what you suggest, and it could not be installed, even with cmd :(

Lasandro Lopez

1. Yes. The virtualization engine is the same and core version is better selection for Hyper-V than a full gui. You will manage the hyper-v server from another Windows machine with Hyper-V management tools.

2. Take a look: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserver8setup/thread/5a786052-38a1-46f9-add2-e6487bc6a8aa

Saturday, March 16, 2013 11:05 AM
  • Hello there!
    For what i've seen in official documentation of SystemCenter2012 SP1, i found this table

So here it is not listed Free HyperV 2012 Server.
    Regards!

Lasandro Lopez

Saturday, March 16, 2013 11:16 AM
  • I believe in that table, Edition means OS edition of the quest OS, not Hyper-V. I don´t think that there any limitation, on what hypervisor you will virtualize the OS and ConfMgr, do it on ESXi or XenServer, it will work on all of them.
    Saturday, March 16, 2013 11:40 AM
  • Dear Yannara!
    maybe you did not understand the focus of my question.

I want to know....if i could install the System Center 2012 SP1 on a physical Server that is running the free HyperV 2012 Server.

I know that i could install as inside a child virtual machine that is running Windows Server 2012 Standard/Datacenter Version, but my focus is to know if it could be installed on a Parent Server that is running Free HyperV 2012 Server.

I hope i'm clear with my question!

What about the version of SQL Server 2008 R2, does it work with Express Edition?
    Regards!

Lasandro Lopez

Saturday, March 16, 2013 11:46 AM
  • Dear Yannara!

I want to know....if i could install the System Center 2012 SP1 on a physical Server that is running the free HyperV 2012 Server.

What about the version of SQL Server 2008 R2, does it work with Express Edition?
    Regards!

Lasandro Lopez

Yep, I didn´t. You can install it, but I hope you wouldn´t. I think there is no sence to install ConfMgr on a Hyper-V directly, if you are planing to use that Hyper-V for other virtualization purpoces. ConfMgr server must be independent, as for best practise. ConfMgr primary site server also requires standard SQL, express edition is not enought. 
    Saturday, March 16, 2013 12:21 PM
  • Dear Yannara!

I know that i could install as inside a child virtual machine that is running Windows Server 2012 Standard/Datacenter Version, but my focus is to know if it could be installed on a Parent Server that is running Free HyperV 2012 Server.

Regards!

Lasandro Lopez

Just to be clear, you say System Center 2012 but that is several products CM12, OM12, VMM12, SM12, etc... The table that you inserted above is for VMM12 and not CM12. So are you really looking for info on just CM12 or VMM12 or the whole System Center 2012 suite?

None of the products will run with SQL express for their main database.

http://www.enhansoft.com/

Saturday, March 16, 2013 1:12 PM
  • Dear Garth!
    i'm most interesed fof VMM12...my purpose is to manage Virtual machine.
    So how to install it?

is it part of SystemCenter2012, or it is a stand alone product.
    Regards!

Lasandro Lopez

Monday, March 18, 2013 2:48 PM
  • i'm most interesed fof VMM12...my purpose is to manage Virtual machine.
    So how to install it?

is it part of SystemCenter2012, or it is a stand alone product.
    Regards!

Ok, so this forum is for CM12 not VMM12, the VMM forum can be found here. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/virtualmachinemanager/threads/

VMM12 is a stand alone product and it is licensed as part of the System Center 2012 suite.

BTW, it looks like VMM support Hyper-v Server as a Host server. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-ca/library/gg610649.aspx

http://www.enhansoft.com/

Monday, March 18, 2013 3:04 PM