I have a new computer that is joined to domain, but when trying to have a user login, I get the following error:
can not log on because the logon method you are using is not allowed on this computer.
The only way for him to login is to change his user settings to administrator. I have tried power users and other options and did not work.
is there a fix for this?
Please check the “Allow log on locally” and “Deny log on locally”:
1. open the Local group Policy Editor;
2. located Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies;
3. click “User Right Assignment”;
4. Ensure that "Allow log on locally" includes Administrators, Backup Operators, Domain Users or Users;
5. Ensure that "Deny log on locally" is empty.
If it persists, please confirm the domain group policy to see if prevent this user log on .
You want to go to the "Local Security Policy"
So Start > Search > Local Security Policy - Then start this up
Once there go to Local Policies and go to User Rights Assignment.
On the right hand side see what it says for Allow log on locally. The "Administrators" group should be added here as well as "Users".