none
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Question

• In need of direction.  I have never come across this situation before. I have a Compaq Presario SR2000 running MS XP Media Edition.
    The last software to be installed on the machine was Anti-virus software by Iolo.
    I ran a Defrag and when I went to reboot the Windows startup screen would show but after that it just keeps reboot. No OS! I was able to turn off the auto reboot and got a blue screen with the following error;

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA    0x00000050 (0xfffffffe, 0x00000000, 0x84D61ECA, 0x00000000)

I have been able to get into safe mode with or without networking but the desktop does not appear.  I can navigate around through task manager.  When I say navigate I mean I can run programs save files things of that nature.  I am not able to run control panel or change anything with msconfig. I also looked at msinfo32 but everything I click on says "cannot access the wimdows management instrument software. Windows mangement fiels may be moved or missing.

I do not have my operating system recovery disk that would have come with the pc so I am trying to repair it without that if possible.

I am not sure if this is because of th software install or if there is a hardware problem.  Everything as far as I can tell hardware wise seems to be running fine.

I am stumped:) 

Thanks
    Tuesday, February 24, 2009 4:16 PM

Answers