none
Re-Inventory those computers already completed

Question

• Hey all

I’m using MAP to show me a list of Application installed on network computers. Currently Contracting to a company and they allow all there users to have local admin writes, as you can image there are inconsistences which makes it hard to support.

I have managed to inventory 194/300 computer objects and so far I have updated 20-30 and removed a bunch of software like Chrome and tool bars.

After re-running the inventory it doesn’t seem to pick up these changes and so far the only way to get it to re-inventory those PC’s is to create a new database.

Anyone have any idea’s? I tried exporting all the computer names to a txt file and running it for this, but it see it as a duplicate, and so discards re-inventorying that PC.

If there is another MS tool that you think would better suit my needs, then please let me know. I have used PSinfo from Sysinternals tools but is not as visual as MAP and MAP gives you a lot of nice details about the network environment (helps when your a contractor).

Thank you

Sunday, December 09, 2012 8:41 PM

Answers

• There isn't any way to make MAP re-inventory a machine once that data has been collected without deleting that specific device in the devices table in the database. However, deleted a device from the devices table gets rid of it forever and any data connected with that device in other tables will be orphaned an no longer available, so use with extreme caution!

The easiest way is to just start a new database in the MAP database manager and then run a new inventory.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, December 13, 2012 7:54 PM