none
File Transfer Manager Error 12057 - nothing will DL (post Akamia add)

Question

• I am not sure what MS is doing with FTM but after working perfectly,  it will not function-total crash and burn. I keep getting error 12057 which shuts it down-an unexpected error. I have the feeling this has more to do with changes to Technet than anything really technical. Please-tell me Im wrong.

I have done everything logical and otherwise.

Regedit key pull

MS DOS file removal per FTM site-changed site for DL -changed eveything I could think of with any luck

EGR
    Monday, June 21, 2010 8:05 AM

Answers

• Thanks for responding chiefbeatle (I like your name!).

Actually since this original thread nearly 2 years ago, we've had some ability to respond to this error. 

Please try following these steps: 
    1)            Go to Internet Explorer>Tools>Internet Options>Advanced tab
    2)            In the Security Section, uncheck “Check for server certificate revocation”
    3)            Close all instances of IE, and try your download again.

Others have reported that this fixed their situation, but i'd like to hear from you as well. Could you try the above and let me know how this goes?  

Thanks,
    Mike

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Read the Subscriptions Blog!

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 12:50 PM
    Owner

All replies

• I'm having the same problem.  I've had problems with Technet downloads from every single computer I've attempted to use.  Eventually, I'm able to fix the problem, but it's a completely needless frustration that merely adds to the frustration level.  I'd REALLY like to see MS provide some other way to download rather than to force us to use the download manager.  EVERY OTHER PLACE THAT OFFERS DOWNLOAD MANAGER ALLOWS OPTIONS AROUND IT.  This is just plain stupid, Microsoft.  There's LOTS of us that work in places where we can't just install things.  Think of us poor sots working for the Feds for a minute, please.  Provide an optional download (FTP, whatever) that does not require the download manager.  The application doesn't work well (sorry to whoever wrote it, but it has problems with 64-bit OS).  I'm tired of having to fight for days to get a single download to work.

Please, for the love of sysadmins, PROVIDE AN OPTION!!!!!!!

• Proposed as answer by chiefbeatle Wednesday, August 29, 2012 10:37 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by chiefbeatle Wednesday, August 29, 2012 10:37 AM
    Tuesday, July 27, 2010 1:23 PM
  • FTM is indeed a poor excuse of a program, always a problem to use...12057 again....jeez put a real coder on FTM plz!  Hours are tickin here...
    Saturday, October 02, 2010 10:25 PM
  • Hi Laban:

Are you still getting 12057 error? Please contact us through TechNet Site feedback or email us sbpfdbk@microsoft.com

Thanks

Supriya

Subscription Site Support

Thursday, October 07, 2010 9:25 PM
  • Hi Laban:

Are you still getting 12057 error?  Please contact us through TechNet Site feedback or email us sbpfdbk@microsoft.com

Please send us the following information as well, it will help us investigate.

Is it happening on all files or just one file, if so which files?

What country are you downloading from?

Send us your subscriber information as well.

Also meanwhile you can try downloading without the FTM, however this requires using a browser that is not Microsoft IE, like google chrome or Mozilla firefox. Downloading using these browsers will do a straight http download, which will not allow you to pause and resume the download.

Thanks

Supriya

Subscription Site Support

Thursday, December 16, 2010 7:08 PM
  • wrong.  it does not downlod in chrome for me.  I want money back.  these subscriptions are expensive and it seems I can't use it for the same reason as the others specify above. 
    Friday, June 22, 2012 10:55 PM
  • Go to options in the download manager and de-select the HTTPS option on the "Connections" tab. Most likely you have a proxy that is hindering the download through SSL intercept.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 10:38 AM
  • Thanks for responding chiefbeatle (I like your name!).

Actually since this original thread nearly 2 years ago, we've had some ability to respond to this error. 

Please try following these steps: 
    1)            Go to Internet Explorer>Tools>Internet Options>Advanced tab
    2)            In the Security Section, uncheck “Check for server certificate revocation”
    3)            Close all instances of IE, and try your download again.

Others have reported that this fixed their situation, but i'd like to hear from you as well. Could you try the above and let me know how this goes?  

Thanks,
    Mike

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Read the Subscriptions Blog!

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 12:50 PM
    Owner
  • Sorry that I missed the follow-up. Thanks to you all.

Ive gone to Firefox for most of my work and have no prms DLing there. I gave the IE9 fix a try and-indeed it worked out fine.
    Merci

EGR

Thursday, August 30, 2012 7:09 AM
  • this worked for me on IE 10. Thanks
    Sunday, March 10, 2013 3:15 AM