none
Page breaks between groups are ignored if the group expands over more than one printed page

Question

• Hello everybody,

in a SRS 2008 R2 report (reproduced on both SQL 2008 R2 and SQL 2012), we have a report with three nested groups. The outermost is set to have page breaks between group instances.

However, if it happens that a single group instance goes over more than one printed page, the page break between that long group and the next one is simply ignored. The next group appears in the middle of the page, just after the previous (the long one) has finished, instead of starting on a fresh new page.

Does anyone have a clue why this is going wrong?

Best Regards, Stefan Falk

Saturday, July 06, 2013 2:05 PM

Answers

• Not sure I understand your question fully.  What do you want it to do if a single group instance goes over one printed page?  And are you describing one PDF printed page?  Did you select page break also before or after the group?  Here is what I did:

So I have this Page break on the outermost group (PostalCode).  When this group goes over one page, it does not ignore the page break.  The next group starts at the top of a fresh page.  Check your Tablix Properties.  Did you select "Keep together on one page if possible"?  Could you provide screenshots of your problem?

Ryan D

Saturday, July 06, 2013 11:03 PM