none
Temporary Server Issue

Question

• Hi,

I just installed Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 on my newly installed Windows 7 Ultimate computer. When I try to sign in a message pops up saying "Sorry, we are having some temporary server issues." I have read other forums and this seems to be an ongoing issue. I have looked at the Procmon and everything seems to be working. Is there anyway I can fix this problem?

Thanks.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 6:31 AM

Answers

• Hi

Please verify whether you have installed the following updates: (KB2768349, KB2767861, andKB2760624

Uninstalling these updates may help.

Then, to run an online repair, follow these steps:
    1.Open
    Control Panel.
    2.Click
    Programs and Features.
    3.Click
    Microsoft Office 2013.
    4.Click Change, click
    Online Repair, and then click Repair.

If that doesn’t work, we recommend you to pen up IE.  Choose "Internet Options".  Select the "Advanced" tab.

At the bottom it says, "reset internet explorer settings" . click "Reset".

Check the "Delete personal settings".  Click "Reset"

Restart your computer.

Regards

Tylor Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, August 22, 2013 2:18 AM

All replies

• Hi

Please verify whether you have installed the following updates: (KB2768349, KB2767861, andKB2760624

Uninstalling these updates may help.

Then, to run an online repair, follow these steps:
    1.Open
    Control Panel.
    2.Click
    Programs and Features.
    3.Click
    Microsoft Office 2013.
    4.Click Change, click
    Online Repair, and then click Repair.

If that doesn’t work, we recommend you to pen up IE.  Choose "Internet Options".  Select the "Advanced" tab.

At the bottom it says, "reset internet explorer settings" . click "Reset".

Check the "Delete personal settings".  Click "Reset"

Restart your computer.

Regards

Tylor Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, August 22, 2013 2:18 AM
  • Hi Tylor

I have been trying to activate Microsoft Office 2013 for a couple of days now and this worked a treat.  It now works after much frustration.

thanks so much

Sunday, September 08, 2013 6:38 AM
  • Hi Tyler,

This reply doesn't help when accessing SkyDrive from a computer where there is no control over settings (which is one of the reasons Sky Drive is handy).

I have not been able to access my SkyDrive since Sunday (September 29, 2013).

It had worked perfectly from work, school, & home until Sunday.

Did something happen in the meantime? There was a Java update. Could that have had an effect?

This problem occurs in IE, Firefox, Chrome. I don't have access to Safari. It does not occur in the Android Application, though I cannot access all of my folders at this time.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Cheers,

spr01nk

Thursday, October 03, 2013 4:12 PM
  • I had the same issue.  The fix described above worked!  Thanks.  I was starting to getting close to the activation deadline.
    Wednesday, January 08, 2014 3:00 PM