none
works fine on BIDS, showing "The 'vfpoledb' provider is not registered on the local machine." error on SSRS

Answers

• I guess your SQL Server is also 64 Bit? Then you have the same probleme here, for a linked server you can only use 64 bit data provider.

One option is to install SSRS as a 32 bit server application, may as an additional instance.

Orther option is to copy frequently the data from you FoxPro database to a SQL Server database, e.g. using SSIS.

Olaf Helper

Blog Xing

• Marked as answer by Butmah Saturday, July 20, 2013 3:26 AM
    Thursday, July 18, 2013 9:49 AM

All replies

• Hi Butmah,

Please download Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Visual FoxPro 9.0 on the link below and install on the machine which you want to view the report, and then check if this issue is persists or not.
    Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Visual FoxPro 9.0

Regards,

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 3:05 AM
  • This is the same installation I'm already using, but I've downloaded it from the link you posted and re-install it just to make sure, but same error:

Thursday, July 18, 2013 4:49 AM
  • I'm trying to access a foxpro data base from SSRS 2008 r2 on a 64bit server. I've developed the report on this same server using BIDS and it worked fine and

Hello Butmah,

AFAIK there is not 64 bit data provider for FoxPro available; see Frequently Asked Questions => Q: Are there plans for Visual FoxPro to support 64-bit versions of the Windows operating system? = NO

It works for you in BIDS, because it's a 32 bit tool, but your SSRS server is 64 bit, therefore you get there an error there.

Olaf Helper

Blog Xing

Thursday, July 18, 2013 5:01 AM
  • install on the machine which you want to view the report,

Charlie, it makes no sense to install the data provider on the clients; the SSRS server access the data source, not the clients.

Olaf Helper

Blog Xing

Thursday, July 18, 2013 5:03 AM
  • Hi Olaf,

Thank you for your pointing it out.

Regards,

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, July 18, 2013 5:13 AM
  • Thanks Olaf and Charlie,

so I understand that there is no way SSRS on 64 bit server to read Foxpro data directly without the use of a linked server, is there ?

• Edited by Butmah Thursday, July 18, 2013 9:01 AM just like this
    Thursday, July 18, 2013 8:53 AM
  • I guess your SQL Server is also 64 Bit? Then you have the same probleme here, for a linked server you can only use 64 bit data provider.

One option is to install SSRS as a 32 bit server application, may as an additional instance.

Orther option is to copy frequently the data from you FoxPro database to a SQL Server database, e.g. using SSIS.

Olaf Helper

Blog Xing

• Marked as answer by Butmah Saturday, July 20, 2013 3:26 AM
    Thursday, July 18, 2013 9:49 AM