none
How to automatic delete the "unknown"records that block an new OSD installation?

Question

• Hi,

How to automatic delete the "unknown" records that block an new OSD installation?

I must say this "unknown" records make me so tired, how to fixt this once for all? They blocking reinstalling some computers. PXE installation.

SCCM 2012 SP1 CU1.

/SaiTech

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 3:39 PM

Answers

• You can create Query to get all Systems that have specific MAC Address.  You can see the MAC Address in the SMSPXE.log.

Here the Query:

select distinct SMS_R_System.Name, SMS_R_System.IPAddresses, SMS_R_System.MACAddresses from  SMS_R_System where SMS_R_System.MACAddresses like "%xx:xx:xx:xx:xx%"

Thanks, Mark

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 5:31 PM
  • Thise 'unknown' objects are created by default and will only cause problems if OSD does not work as expected (therefore not turning the unknown record into a real one). Solution: automate the deletion using a script or manually.

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 5:39 PM

All replies

• You can create Query to get all Systems that have specific MAC Address.  You can see the MAC Address in the SMSPXE.log.

Here the Query:

select distinct SMS_R_System.Name, SMS_R_System.IPAddresses, SMS_R_System.MACAddresses from  SMS_R_System where SMS_R_System.MACAddresses like "%xx:xx:xx:xx:xx%"

Thanks, Mark

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 5:31 PM
  • Thise 'unknown' objects are created by default and will only cause problems if OSD does not work as expected (therefore not turning the unknown record into a real one). Solution: automate the deletion using a script or manually.

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 5:39 PM
  • Thanks for helping me,

I found this in the "Site maintenance"
    sccm 2012 \ site maintenance \"Delete Aged Unknown Computers"\Delete data that has been inactive for (days) 30

Is this the same records? It sounds more easy to set it to 1 day?

/SaiTech

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 1:53 PM