none
Dialog "Configure My Site for Microsoft Office" doesn't display - SP 2010 My Site Office integration not working

Question

• We recently migrated to SharePoint 2010 and started using the "My Site" functionality.  Something we noticed is that Office 2010 integratation with My Site functionality is not working.  One example for instance is that if you are within Outlook and hover over a contact on an email, his name is not hyperlinked to take you to his "My Site" on the SharePoint side.

Research have shown that the registry keys (such as [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Common\Server Links\Published\My Site\My Site\URL has not been created on client machines that has this problem.  If we manually create these keys, we can get the integration working, but are looking for the right way to do this.

Further research on the web shows that the first time that a user access his "My Site", they should be prompted with a dialog "Microsoft Office can remember your My Site..." and this should create the necessary registry keys.

...Our problem is that with SharePoint 2010, not of our users are being presented with this dialog.

I came accross another article that indicated there was a bug in SP 2010 RTM64, with the PortalConnect ActiveX Control being registered wrong, causing the dialog not to display:

http://stefvanhooijdonk.com/2010/05/21/set-default-mysite-not-working-with-office-2010-rtm-x64/

I had a look at all our registry keys (as listed in this article) and they all seem to be correct - but still no luck in getting that dialog box to display.

Any ideas? 

Monday, April 18, 2011 2:08 PM