none
Cannot see errors or warnings in SSIS - why ?

Question

• My package fails. I can see part of the error messages in the "execution results" tab. But, I see nothing in the Error List window. Why is this happening ? Please see the attached photo. Is the tool buggy ? I use SS 2008 R2 (Genuine by the way)

Thanks.

Thursday, September 26, 2013 5:29 PM

Answers

• Hi Greg,

I think you are looking at the wrong place. Error list window will give you errors related to building a project. When you start a project you can monitor task progress, errors and warnings in the Progress tab of the designer (right to the Package Explorer on your snapshot).

You can also see the package progress in text format in Output window.

Regards, Dean Savović

Thursday, September 26, 2013 5:49 PM
  • Hi Greg,

It is appropriate to look at the progress tab for errors related to the execution of that particular SSIS package in a project.

Like Dean said, the place in which you are looking will have the build errors related to that package and also previous build errors of any other SSIS packages loaded into that particular intergration services project.

Thanks

Please click the Mark as answer button and vote as helpful if this reply solves your problem

Sunday, September 29, 2013 6:37 AM

All replies

• Hi Greg,

You should be able to get the complete error by clicking the progress Tab. Are you facing issues there also.

Thanks

Please click the Mark as answer button and vote as helpful if this reply solves your problem

Thursday, September 26, 2013 5:43 PM
  • Hi Greg,

I think you are looking at the wrong place. Error list window will give you errors related to building a project. When you start a project you can monitor task progress, errors and warnings in the Progress tab of the designer (right to the Package Explorer on your snapshot).

You can also see the package progress in text format in Output window.

Regards, Dean Savović

Thursday, September 26, 2013 5:49 PM
  • yes, I can see it there. But, shouldn't it also appear in view > error list ?
    Sunday, September 29, 2013 4:46 AM
  • Hi Greg,

It is appropriate to look at the progress tab for errors related to the execution of that particular SSIS package in a project.

Like Dean said, the place in which you are looking will have the build errors related to that package and also previous build errors of any other SSIS packages loaded into that particular intergration services project.

Thanks

Sunday, September 29, 2013 6:37 AM