none
Invalid object name 'Webs'.

    Question

  • As part of a SharePoint to Foundation 2013 I ran the addcontentdb command and got the following:

    c:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\15\BIN>stsa
    dm -o addcontentdb -url http://win2008vmserver -databasename WSS_Content_Base
    Invalid object name 'Webs'.

    When I tro you load my SharePoint page or Central Admin I get a blank page.

    Can anybody please advide what I should do?

    Cheers

    Paul

    Thursday, October 03, 2013 3:45 PM

Answers

  • Try to use Mount-SPContentDatabase Powershell command. stsadm is deprecated in SP 2013.

    Hope that helps.

    Regards,

    Tapan

    • Marked as answer by runnerpaul Thursday, October 10, 2013 11:53 AM
    Thursday, October 03, 2013 4:26 PM

All replies

  • Try to use Mount-SPContentDatabase Powershell command. stsadm is deprecated in SP 2013.

    Hope that helps.

    Regards,

    Tapan

    • Marked as answer by runnerpaul Thursday, October 10, 2013 11:53 AM
    Thursday, October 03, 2013 4:26 PM
  • Try to run the Test-SpCOntentDatabase see the results, then try to mount it as Tapan said.

    check this blog, if mount and test command still throwing the error.

    http://blog.thefullcircle.com/2013/06/mount-spcontentdatabase-and-test-spcontentdatabase-fail-with-either-invalid-object-name-sites-or-webs/

    thanks


    Thanks -WS SharePoint administrator, MCITP(SharePoint 2010, 2013) Blog: http://wscheema.com/blog

    Thursday, October 03, 2013 6:18 PM
  • Test-SPContentDatabase returns the following:

    PS C:\Users\administrator.ACHESON> Test-SPContentDatabase -name WSS_Content_Base
     -webapplication http://WIN2008VMSERVER
    Test-SPContentDatabase : Invalid object name 'Webs'.
    At line:1 char:23
    + Test-SPContentDatabase <<<<  -name WSS_Content_Base -webapplication http://WI
    N2008VMSERVER
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidData: (Microsoft.Share...ContentDatabase:
       SPCmdletCheckContentDatabase) [Test-SPContentDatabase], SqlException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.SharePoint.PowerShell.SPCmdletCheckCon
       tentDatabase
    Also, I have already seen that link but I don't understand it. Is it telling me I am trying to mount the wrong database?
    Monday, October 07, 2013 10:01 AM
  • Test identified a few issues which I worked out.

    I was then able to get the database upgraded to a correct schema so did not get this error.

    Thanks for the help.

    Thursday, October 10, 2013 11:54 AM
  • I am having the exact same issue... 

    What/how did you fix to make the upgrade work?

    I thank you for your help :)

    Friday, October 18, 2013 7:13 AM
  • I was upgrading from WSS 3.0 to 2010 and then to 2013. At the time I was having the issue I was trying to upgrade to 2013.

    I found that I hadn't upgraded the database from WSS 3.0 to 2010. When I went back to 2010 and tan the Test-SPContentDatabase, worked out any issues then ran Mount-SPContentDatabase the database updated correctly.

    The problem seems to be that the geneal structure of the database changes between WSS 3.0 and 2010. If you look at it Webs is a table in 3.0 but a view in 2013. I don't know how I didn't pick this up when moving to 2010 but 2013 def didn't like it.

    Friday, October 18, 2013 8:03 AM