none
SQL Agent is not running while connecting to named instance of SSAS

Question

• Hi All,

I have a server  which has  SQL2012 SP1  installed . I have only Analysis  tabular service installed on that server . This instance is working fine for me and i am able to connect to this instance from other servers also. But recently I installed a SQL 2012 MultiDimensional instance for creating MultiDimensional cube .So i created a named Analysis service instance on the same server . But surprisingly that named instance i am not able to connect from other servers . When i tried to connect to this named instance from other servers i am getting the below error

A connection cannot be made to redirector. Ensure that 'SQL Browser' service is running. (Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient) A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 10.196.110.143:2382  

Sql Browser is up and running on that server. I tried many tips that are mentioned over the internet like changing the Sql browser account to Local System instead of Local Service , Creating inbound rules for the port this named instance is installed. But these didn't solve my problem.

Finally i tried to connect the named Instance using ServerName:PortNumber instead of ServerName:InstanceName .  But this worked partially for me, Only from some Computers i am able to connect to the Named Instance of Analysis Service but from others  PCs i am getting the  below error

The Local Security Authority cannot be contacted (Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient)

I am really confused what is happening  ?? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated .  

For Some Additional information :

I got the port number of SSAS named instance from the file  "msmdredir.ini" present in below path 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Shared\ASConfig.

I got the port Number as 65110. So  i tried to connect to SSAS named instance as ServerName:65110 , which is only working for some servers but not all servers as i explained above.

Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 11:22 PM

Answers

• Hi NedunuriRajesh,

This issue might be caused by that the SQL Server Browser can't redirection to the port based on <servername\instancename>. So, we can connect to the named instance by using <servername>:<portnumber>.

If some users can't connect to SSAS named instance using <servername>:<portnumber>, please configure Windows Firewall access for a named instance of Analysis Services.

Here is a good article about this scenario, please see:
    Configure the Windows Firewall to Allow Analysis Services Access: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms174937.aspx

Best Regards,

Elvis Long
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, July 25, 2013 6:46 AM

All replies

• Waiting for  your valuable response !!!!
    Wednesday, July 24, 2013 10:36 PM
  • Hi NedunuriRajesh,

This issue might be caused by that the SQL Server Browser can't redirection to the port based on <servername\instancename>. So, we can connect to the named instance by using <servername>:<portnumber>.

If some users can't connect to SSAS named instance using <servername>:<portnumber>, please configure Windows Firewall access for a named instance of Analysis Services.

Here is a good article about this scenario, please see:
    Configure the Windows Firewall to Allow Analysis Services Access: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms174937.aspx

Best Regards,

Elvis Long
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, July 25, 2013 6:46 AM