I understand that one of your work files in .xls taking long time to edit and save.
As my understanding, other excel files can edit and save properly, right?
If so, I suggest let’s create a new excel file and copy the contents in the new file.
If the issue still persists, please try to start the Office program in safe mode
1. Click Start, point to All Programs, and then point to Microsoft Office.
2. Press and hold the CTRL key, and then click the Office program you want to start.
If the problem does not occur in the safe mode, this issue might be related to some third-party add-ins in the Office program, we can try to disable
them. Normally, you could do the following to disable the conflict add-ins in your Office program:
1. Click File menu, click Options > Add-in, click Go button in the Manage: Com-in Add.
2. Check if there are any add-ins, clear the checkbox to disable them.
3. Close the Office program and restart it.
4. Add one check back each time to the list of Add-In, restart the Office program, and repeat the above procedure. Once the issue reappears again, we
can determine which add-in causes this problem and then disable it.
If the issue still persists, let’s refer to the following KB article to go on troubleshooting.
Microsoft is conducting an online survey to understand your opinion of the Technet Web site. If you choose to participate, the online survey will be presented to you when you leave the Technet Web site.