none
SSRS IncludeLink Field

Question

• Hi,

I've got a data driven subscription set up in SSRS 2012 that works fine until I try and "Include Link" from my database. I've had a look in the SSRS Trace file and the following exception is thrown when I try and add google for example;

"The value 'www.google.com' is not valid for setting 'Include Link'."

Which begs the question, what are the valid values for 'Include Link?'  I can't find such a list anywhere in the SSRS documentation.

Adam

Monday, July 15, 2013 4:13 AM

Answers

• Hi Adam,

As we know, the “Include link” option of a subscription only adds the link to the report itself. Currently, it is impossible to add a link to another report when creating a subscription. To add a link to another report, we have to do that within the report when designing the report.

I would suggest you submitting a wish at https://connect.microsoft.com/sql.

Connect site is a connection point between you and Microsoft, and ultimately the larger community. Your feedback enables Microsoft to make software and services the best that they can be, and you can learn about and contribute to exciting projects.

Regards,

Mike Yin
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by ABCBR Sunday, July 21, 2013 11:07 PM
    Friday, July 19, 2013 7:51 AM

All replies

• Hi,

When "Include link" is selected, the mail which is subscribed will have the link of the report.

Report is even accessible from the link which has been included.

Thanks in advance, Akhila Vasishta

Monday, July 15, 2013 5:25 AM
  • Hi Akhila,

I understand that but its not the answer. I want to be able to specify a link to another report in the email which I will retrive from my database.

Adam

Monday, July 15, 2013 5:32 AM
  • Hi Adam,

As we know, the “Include link” option of a subscription only adds the link to the report itself. Currently, it is impossible to add a link to another report when creating a subscription. To add a link to another report, we have to do that within the report when designing the report.

I would suggest you submitting a wish at https://connect.microsoft.com/sql.

Connect site is a connection point between you and Microsoft, and ultimately the larger community. Your feedback enables Microsoft to make software and services the best that they can be, and you can learn about and contribute to exciting projects.

Regards,

Mike Yin
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by ABCBR Sunday, July 21, 2013 11:07 PM
    Friday, July 19, 2013 7:51 AM
  • Thanks Yin

For anyone who finds this thread, my solution was to include the link to the other report in the "Comment" field of the subscription. I formatted the comment field using <br/> HTML tags to get line breaks to make it look neat.

Adam

Sunday, July 21, 2013 11:09 PM