none
SBS 2008 TaskScheduler Event ID 101 /311 - Additional Data: Error Value: 2147942402

    Question

  • Every now and then a SBB 2008 server has the following errors - Does anybody have experience with it or a solution for these errors?

    Event Details: Task Scheduler failed to start "\Microsoft\Windows\CertificateServicesClient\UserTask" task for user "Domain\userxx". Additional Data: Error Value: 2147942402.

    Event Details: Task Scheduler failed to start Task Engine "" process due to an error occurring in "LUAIsElevatedToken" . Command="taskeng.exe" . Additional Data: Error Value: 2147942402

    Thursday, June 24, 2010 12:13 PM

All replies

  • If those errors are appearing in the Server Event Logs, please post up the Event Id and the Source, and identify which is which.   Or, you can go to www.eventid.net and research them yourself.  If you have, and there is no info, then tell us that.

    How ofter is "every now and then" ?  What else is going on at that time, that is, what do you think is generating the error?


    -Please post the resolution to your issue  so others may benefit.

    -Get Your SBS Health Check at www.sbsbpa.com

    Every now and then a SBB 2008 server has the following errors - Does
    anybody have experience with it or a solution for these errors?

    Event Details: Task Scheduler failed to start
    "\Microsoft\Windows\CertificateServicesClient\UserTask" task for user
    "Domain\userxx". Additional Data: Error Value: 2147942402.

    Event Details: Task Scheduler failed to start Task Engine "" process
    due to an error occurring in "LUAIsElevatedToken" .
    Command="taskeng.exe" . Additional Data: Error Value: 2147942402


    Larry Struckmeyer
    Thursday, June 24, 2010 2:27 PM
    Moderator
  • VCTS, check out this link --- sounds like it's similar to yours.

    http://www.seasideit.com/2009/04/certificate-services-client-task-fails.html


    -Kevin Weilbacher (SBS MVP) "The days pass by so quickly now, the nights are seldom long"
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/kwsupport/default.aspx
    Friday, June 25, 2010 2:54 AM
    Moderator
  • I, too, have this problem.  But the 101 event is for UserTask-Roam.  I also see it only when I remote into the server.  I took a look at the link you listed, Kevin.  It's almost a year old.  Has the hotfix been "officially" issued yet?  Has anyone tried the hotfix?  Any issues with it?
    Wednesday, July 28, 2010 9:27 PM
  • HM, I'm getting this (twice now) on a supposedly up to date Exchange 2007 SP3. Advice welcome on what to do.
    Many thanks for your time.
    Tuesday, November 23, 2010 8:48 AM
  • Hello,

    I was desperately trying to solve this issue and tried procedure from the link below, but with no luck. Would somebody try it to make sure it is 100% not working for this particular issue?

    Thank You

    the link: http://davidcmoisan.wordpress.com/2010/11/14/resolving-%E2%80%9Cpautoenr-dll-raised-an-exception%E2%80%9D/

    Monday, January 31, 2011 2:40 PM
  • Well that one looks pretty frightening to do? These are the only two errors I got today.

    What is the consequence of ignoring them? Or maybe I should just restart the server on a regular basis?

    Advice appreciated.


    Many thanks for your time.
    Thursday, February 17, 2011 10:01 AM
  • Same problem here - any issues with ignoring?
    Monday, March 21, 2011 12:21 AM
  • I seem to get this only with my admin logon perhaps when I logon from a local PC. Is this a clue?
    Many thanks for your time.
    Thursday, May 12, 2011 7:23 AM
  • Ditto. When I login (or out, possibly) from the server on a remote connection this pops up.
    Tuesday, June 14, 2011 4:50 PM
  • Well, I suppose this has no solution. Shell we ignore it as it does not seem to compromise anything! Or have I missed something?
    Many thanks for your time.
    • Proposed as answer by barleytwist Monday, October 24, 2011 4:42 PM
    Tuesday, October 04, 2011 8:24 PM
  • i had this error when the syntax of a scheduled task was wrong, so the task could not execute correctly.

    Robert Pearman SBS MVP (2011) | www.titlerequired.com | www.itauthority.co.uk

    Tuesday, February 28, 2012 10:11 AM
    Moderator
  • To further this response, I had a simple task where I was issuing a NET STOP command and it failed continuously. I put the same command in a batch file, called it from the original task and it works properly. 
    Tuesday, November 27, 2012 1:43 PM
  • Well I also had the error when trying to reschedule a Job (trigger One time) Windows 2008 R2

    Initial Error Message comming from the task scheduler was :
    The following error was reported: The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to..

    In the event view for TaskScheduler I had 2 errors:

    Task Scheduler failed to start “\Microsoft\Windows\CertificateServicesClient\UserTask” task for user “username”. Additional Data: Error Value: 2147942402.

    Task Scheduler failed to start Task Engine “”  process due to an error occurring in “LUAIsElevatedToken” . Command=”taskeng.exe” . Additional Data: Error Value: 2147942402.

    The user in question was disconnected for many days, no schedule task created or running under this user and account was not locked, I logged off the user, still had the issue.

    What I did to solve it:
    First when to my task, I changed the User or Groups under the General tab
    Selected Run only When user is logged on then click on OK
    After that I was able to reschedule my job.
    Put back Run whether user is logged on or not.
    everything is now back to normal.

    Hope this helps

    Wednesday, August 07, 2013 3:45 PM