none
SharePoint 2010 - Your client does not support opening this list with Windows Explorer

Question

• When attempting to open a document library using the "Open with Explorer" feature in SharePoint 2010, I receive the error "Your client does not support opening this list with Windows Explorer".

This problem only occurs  in one particular web application, the other web applications work fine. I've compared the Web Application Features, and there were no differences. Both web applications have a root site.

We have several computers in our organization, which have the same OS (Windows 7 x86) and all updates  applied, yet this problem only occurs on some of them (ie both web applications work fine).

It issue does not appear to be a user problem because it occurs for any user who logs into the affected machine.

Thursday, August 01, 2013 10:53 PM

Answers

All replies

• Using 64-bit IE version gives this problem sometimes. Try using 32-bit IE version.
    Friday, August 02, 2013 2:22 AM

• The below article covers almost all solutions we generally try to fix the above issue.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/asiasupp/archive/2011/06/13/error-message-quot-your-client-does-not-support-opening-this-list-with-windows-explorer-quot-when-you-try-to-quot-open-with-explorer-quot-on-a-sharepoint-document-library-in-office-365-site.aspx

Thanks,
    Ramesh

Friday, August 02, 2013 9:38 AM
  • The systems which are having this problem are all 32-bit systems.
    Tuesday, August 06, 2013 8:26 PM
  • Thanks for the link. I have previously read that post and already ensured that the Webclient service is running, which it was. We are using SharePoint Server 2010 rather than Office 365, so I've added the hostname or our SP server to the list of Local Intranet sites, I also included the ones in the post (just to see if it made any difference). I have also made the suggested registry modification. Unfortunately, I am still having the same problem.
    Tuesday, August 06, 2013 8:51 PM
  • take a look at this troubleshooting steps

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923906/en-us

Mark ANSWER if this reply resolves your query, If helpful then VOTE HELPFUL
    Everything about SQL Server | Experience inside SQL Server -Mohammad Nizamuddin

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 6:33 AM