none
CROSS ORG EXCH2003 --> EXCH2007 - EAP

Question

• Hello all.

I'm working on a cross org migration EXCH2003 -> EXCH2007. During the MOVE MAILBOX I need the user's primary address is retained in the new organization. Necessary to prevent the EAP of the new organization is applied.

Attempt 1: Uncheck "Automatically update email addresses based on recipient policy" in the source organization, as reference http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2007/01/05/3397660.aspx, without success. I think it only works for INTRA ORG MIGRATION.

Attempt 2: Edit the attribute msExchPoliciesExcluded in the target organization, but it clears during the MOVE MAILBOX.

NOTE: By my research the Exchange 2010 treats this problem with the parameter DisableEmailAddressPolicy (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee861103.aspx), but found nothing to Exchange 2007.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thiago A. E. Carmo
    MCSE, MCSA + M, MCITP: EMA 2007/2010, MCITP: SA 2008, MCTS, MCT, MCP

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 5:14 PM

Answers

• Hello Liu,

Hope you are fine. In my case this solution does not be functional because my users not have a standard SMTP Address. On source organization (Exch2003) the users' SMTP Address are custom, and most of the users have the option "Automatically update email addresses based on recipient policy" unckecked. So the SMTP Address are not automatically configured by the policy.

By my research and a contact with Microsoft Support the solution to solve this problem is necessary to create a script exporting the primary smtp address of the users in source organization and apply this information on target organization.

Thanks a lot to all that reply this thread.

Regards

Thiago A. E. Carmo

Friday, June 15, 2012 1:45 PM

All replies

• I think, the following cmdlet will help you out

Get-EmailAddressPolicy | where {$_.RecipientFilterType –eq “Legacy”} | Set-EmailAddressPolicy –IncludedRecipients AllRecipients

Regards from www.windowsadmin.info | www.blog.windowsadmin.info

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 5:46 PM
  • Hello! Thanks for the answer. Because it is a Cross Org Migration, the Exchange 2007 do not find any EAP "Legacy". I have used this procedure to INTRA ORG Migration.

In fact I need prevent that the primary address of Users in Source Org from being change by EAP of new Org. I need a similar functionality of Exchange 2010 ( DisableEmailAddressPolicy ) as refered in http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee861103.aspx.

Thanks a lot

Thiago A. E. Carmo

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 5:59 PM
  • Hello,

For this issue, I think you can create one email new address policy in Exchange 2007 to set old email address as primary email address.

How to Create an E-Mail Address Policy
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124401(EXCHG.80).aspx

Thanks,

Evan

Evan Liu

TechNet Community Support

Friday, June 15, 2012 5:39 AM
  • Hello Liu,

Hope you are fine. In my case this solution does not be functional because my users not have a standard SMTP Address. On source organization (Exch2003) the users' SMTP Address are custom, and most of the users have the option "Automatically update email addresses based on recipient policy" unckecked. So the SMTP Address are not automatically configured by the policy.

By my research and a contact with Microsoft Support the solution to solve this problem is necessary to create a script exporting the primary smtp address of the users in source organization and apply this information on target organization.

Thanks a lot to all that reply this thread.

Regards

Thiago A. E. Carmo

Friday, June 15, 2012 1:45 PM