none
Query disabled accounts in a group

Question

• Hello,

the following AD saved query shows me all users (enabled and disabled) in an specific group:

(&(&(|(&(objectCategory=person)(objectSid=*)(!samAccountType:1.2.840.113556.1.4.804:=3))(&(objectCategory=person)(!objectSid=*))(&(objectCategory=group)(groupType:1.2.840.113556.1.4.804:=14)))(objectCategory=user)(objectClass=user)(memberOf=CN=Norwalk\20Project,CN=Users,DC=dc01,DC=us,DC=com)))

How can i change the query to show me only disabled users in that group?

Thank you.

• Edited by Abnermz Wednesday, July 31, 2013 4:11 PM
    Wednesday, July 31, 2013 4:10 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can create a query for disabled users. Please see the detailed steps in following article:

http://www.windowsecurity.com/articles-tutorials/windows_2003_security/Using-Saved-Queries.html

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

To create a query, you only need to be at the Saved Queries node within the Active Directory Users and Computers console. By right clicking on the Saved Queries node, you have the option to create a new query. This action will open up the New Query dialog box, which is where you will have the opportunity to configure this specific query. 

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 02, 2013 1:27 AM
  • Hi,

I appreciate the link with basic information about saved queries. It is not difficult to create queries based on the fields you have available to choose from the query window. But it gets interesting when some fields are not shown in the window.

I'm looking for a way to add a filter to this query to show ONLY disabled users who are members of this group.

Any idea on how to do it?

Thank you.

Friday, August 02, 2013 4:05 PM