Wednesday, January 09, 2013 4:06 PM
We have DirectAccess 2012 deployed in a load balanced cluster (2 Nodes).
Under the "Dashboard" tab in the Remote Access Management Console we receive the following error under configuration status.
"Configuration for multisite servers retrieved from the domain controller. The configuration does not match on all servers"
The odd thing about this is that below that message both nodes show a green check mark and then a time stamp for the configuration status. The first node's time stamp seems to be off by about a month compared to the second node's time stamp.
Does anyone know of a way to force an update to the first node?
So far I have only tried using the "reload configuration option" from within the console but that didn't appear to have done anything.
Thanks in advance.
Thursday, January 10, 2013 8:12 PM
It is strange that you get a message about multisite at all if you are only using load balancing? Load balancing is tying two servers together that are in the same site/subnet. Is that what you are doing? Or are you doing multisite for 2 servers that are in different physical locations?
If you are not intending to use multi-site, check the right-hand pane inside "configuration" and see if you have a "Disable Multisite" button that you can click on. If that button exists and you are not intending to have DA boxes in multiple sites, then it got turned on mistakently at some point.
Thursday, January 10, 2013 8:36 PM
I can confirm we are in fact NOT using multisite. The multisite deployment option currently reads as "Enable Multisite" which further confirms this.
This gets even stranger. This morning I came in and the time stamps were reversed...node 1 now had the updated time stamp and node 2 the older time stamp.... The multisite error message was also replaced with "Configuration for server "server_node2.domain.com" cannot be retrieved from the domain controller" Node2 had a nice big red X
As if that wasn't strange enough after a few hours and making 0 changes to anything DA related both servers now have the same time stamp and 0 errors...I believe this strange behaviour is being caused by another DA issue I am troubleshooting. I believe you commented on the thread I made for that as well here