Small Business Server announcement
Here are a few suggestions that make it sure you get the best answer to your question as quickly as possible:
1. Search the Forum for your question -- Quite possibly someone may have already answered your question, and you won't have to spend time waiting for it to be answered again.
2. If Possible Run SBS Best Practices Analyzer. (It often can help you fix problems on your own.)
SBS2011 Best Practices Analyzer Standard download from Here Link http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=15556
Note In addition for SBS2011 you'll also need to download Microsoft Baseline Configuration Analyzer 2.0 Here Link http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=16475
SBS2008 Best Practices Analyzer Download from Here Link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=130639
SBS2003 Best Practices Analyzer Download from Here Link http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=3874527A-DE19-49BB-800F-352F3B6F2922&displaylang=en
3. Make sure your posting Subject or "title" summarizes the specific problem you have --
A question with a title of "Urgent! Help needed!" is not as likely to get
answered as quickly a question with a title of "How to configure my firewall to open port 80".
A more specific, detailed title is far more likely to get a better response than a general one.
4. Post what version of SBS you have. and service Packs, This helps people know where you are at.
We can tell what version of Exchange you are using etc and sharepoint. (If different please tell.)
(Not all details are necessary, but try to include any relevant information.)
5. Avoid if possible "Me Too" Posts! I'm guilty of this also, but unless it's exactly the same thing and you have some "Added information" you distract from the original post. If you question if your issue is different Please make a new post.
6. Keep with the same thread. do not refer to a post you made last year, and above all, Please come back. There are hundreds and thousands of posts where I've seen people given great and wonderfully long answers yet no reply from the original poster.
7. If you do post a question, be courteous to reply even if it's to say. "I've given up" or thanks that worked.
(This helps the whole community when you do this, and makes the people who donate time, warm and fuzzies.)
8. Give details about your problem -- rather than " It won't work, please help!", provide some details like Error Codes, statements like, "Program starts, it gets to a part to install xxx and 2/3rds of the way and then does this.", Links to Screen Shots and images also help. Also search for any error
messages in logs etc. Other basic things like it was working before I did this, or it stopped working after I installed this. also helps.
9. Give Positive FeedBack: Once you've received a correct answer to your question, either from a Microsoft employee, an MVP, or the community in general, please reply that the issue or question has been answered. And if possible mark the solution as answered: This step is important, since it lets other people benefit from your posts.
In addition Please Vote as "helpful" replies that contribute to the answer or lead to resolution of the issue.
Reminder most answers are from volunteers. MVP's do not get paid by Microsoft.
Many of them have REAL jobs and answer questions for FREE!
Thank You and I hope you take the pay it forward philosophy that has made this forum a success.
Russ Grover SBSMVP July 2009 - July 2011
For any of you struggling with the Web interface, and
users who prefer to use an NNTP (newsgroup) reader to participate in the
Microsoft has developed a solution called the NNTP Bridge
which allows a user to connect a variety of supported NNTP readers to the
forums they would like to participate in and continue having the NTTP reader
functionality. You can find instructions on how to download and set up the
Microsoft NNTP Bridge
Another "Non Microsoft" supported NNTP Bridge can be found here
This SBS Forum is group: Technet.en-US.smallbusinessserver
Note: The drawback to using these NNTP Bridges are that you are not able to VOTE posts as Helpfull or mark your post as Answered.
(We still urge you to reply to if the solution worked for you however, this benefits everyone.)
In troubleshooting SBS issues, we will often ask whether you have run the SBS (2003/2008) Best Practices Analyzer (BPA).
BPA examines a server that is running Windows Small Business Server and then presents a list of information and errors, which are sorted by severity, that you should review. The list describes each issue, and it provides a recommendation about what you should do to resolve the issue. The recommendations are developed by the product support organization for Windows SBS.
Edit by Nick Whittome 04/09/2011
For SBS 2011, there is a requirement to install
Unanswered0VotesHi -- This "little" problem has thrown off this migration project by several months. I can't figure out what's going on. I have an ...
Proposed0VotesHello I having major problems decommissioning my SBS 2008 Server. When I run DCPROMO it fails and gives the error "Failed to detect if Active Directory Domain Services ...
Unanswered0VotesI am having a strange issue on a SBS 2008 server. When the server is restarted users cannot connect to the server, no DHCP is issued. However, if you log on the server and disable the network adapter ...
Unanswered0VotesHi Guzy, How we can able to overcome the following Things in SBS ? There's no option for custom installationWhat happen when we add more than 75 users ...
Unanswered0VotesHello, We have a client that is running a SBS 2003 server in their environment. They ordered a new VMware server with SBS 2011 Standard and the Premium Add-On to migrate. Just after ...
Unanswered0VotesWindows SBS 2008 Standard The server (a domain controller) and all attached workstation are reporting that they cannot install updates. When I ...
Answered0VotesUnfortunately, Error 0xE0000235 occurs when trying to download a driver onto Windows SBS 2008 64-bit Standard FE. I am installing the GV 800 GeoVision 32/64Bit 16CH Video ...
Unanswered0VotesHi I am looking to implement a SpamTitan set up over the Easter. I am just curious if anyone else has done this, and so I can make sure I don;'t make any ...
Unanswered0VotesWe have removed ISA Server from SBS2003. However, when a user logs in a computer in the domain for the first time, the proxy setting is still there. The user will have to manually remove ...
Unanswered1VotesWe are using the backup assistant console, and for the past week we have been having our backup fail. When going into the event viewer logs I see that about a minute after the backup starts, we are ...
Transfering Office 2007 Small Business Edition from an Old Unsupported XP Computer to a New 8.1 ComputerHello, I need to move Office 2007 Small Business Edition from my old unsupported XP computer to a new 8.1 computer. I have the original disks, jewel case and validation code ...
Proposed0VotesHi all. I have a computer at work that i use on a SBS2003 Server I can login from home to remote.**********.co.nz and i get the "check ...
Unanswered0VotesHello to everyone, I'm trying to solve a problem in a friend server. i'm working on a Small Business Server 2008, ...
Unanswered0VotesI have exchange 2010 installed on SBS 2011 and it has been having issues sending email to Office 365 hosted accounts. Nslookups to emmacorp.com or sidneyproperties.com results in timeouts ...
Unanswered0VotesAfter Turning Off SSL the "Use Outlook Web Access" on the "Remote Web Workplace" page stopped working. I'm sure it has to doing with being logged in or something and don't really ...
Unanswered0VotesHi Guys, First of all thanks for reading. Reasoning; Currently we are running a SBS2011 server which we planning to migrate to a Windows 2012 ...
Unanswered0VotesStarting point: Windows 2008 R2 server with 5 CALS20 Windows desktops. Migration into: Windows 2008 with terminal services.Windows ...
Unanswered0VotesThis has happened on 2 relatively new SBS 2011 Standard installs and is driving me crazy! First instance: At one client, I installed a bunch of Security Updates. ...
Answered0VotesHey guys!! I have been struggling with this issue for quite sometime now. I post my question on another thread and I was refered to this ...
- Items 1 to 20 of 14924 Next ›