Small Business Server 2011 Essentials and Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials announcement
For any of you struggling with the Web interface, and
users who prefer to use an NNTP (newsgroup) reader to participate in the
Microsoft has developed a solution called the NNTP Bridge
which allows a user to connect a variety of supported NNTP readers to the
forums they would like to participate in and continue having the NTTP reader
functionality. You can find instructions on how to download and set up the
Microsoft NNTP Bridge
Another "Non Microsoft" supported NNTP Bridge can be found here
This SBS Essentails Forum is group: Technet.en-US.smallbusinessserver2011essentials
Note: The drawback to using these NNTP Bridges are that you are not able to VOTE posts as Helpfull or mark your post as Answered.
(We still urge you to reply to if the solution worked for you however, this benefits everyone.)
Remember to pay it forward, your knowledge is great for the community :)
Russ Grover - SBS MVP
Here are a few suggestions that make it sure you get the best answer to your question as quickly as possible:
1. Search the Forum for your question -- Quite possibly someone may have already answered your question, and you won't have to spend time waiting for it to be answered again.
2. Make sure your posting Subject or "title" summarizes the specific problem you have --
A question with a title of "Urgent! Help needed!" is not as likely to get
answered as quickly a question with a title of "How to configure my firewall to open port 80".
A more specific, detailed title is far more likely to get a better response than a general one.
3. Post what service Packs or additional programs you have added, This helps people know where you are at.
(Not all details are necessary, but try to include any relevant information, but if you think it may be an AV related issue mention what AV you are using.)
5. Avoid if possible "Me Too" Posts! I'm guilty of this also, but unless it's "Exactly" the same thing
and you have some "Added information" you distract from the original post.
If you question if your issue is different, Please make a new post.
6. Keep with the same thread. Do not refer to a post you made last year, and above all,
Please come back. There are hundreds and thousands of posts where I've seen people given great and wonderfully long answers yet no reply from the original poster.
7. If you do post a question, be courteous to reply even if it's to say. "I've given up" or thanks that worked.
(This helps the whole community when you do this, and makes the people who donate time, warm and fuzzies.)
8. Give details about your problem -- rather than " It won't work, please help!", provide some details like Error Codes, statements like, "Program starts, it gets to a part to install xxx and 2/3rds of the way and then does this.", Links to Screen Shots and images also help. Also search for any error
messages in logs etc. Other basic things like it was working before I did this, or it stopped working after I installed this. also helps.
9. Give Positive FeedBack: Once you've received a correct answer to your question, either from a Microsoft employee, an MVP, or the community in general, please reply that the issue or question has been answered. And if possible mark the solution as answered: This step is important, since it lets other people benefit from your posts.
Lastly Please Vote as "helpful" replies that contribute to the answer or lead to resolution of the issue.
Reminder most answers are from volunteers. MVP's do not get paid by Microsoft.
Many of them have REAL jobs and answer questions for FREE!
Thank You and I hope you take the pay it forward philosophy that has made this forum a success.
Russ Grover SBSMVP July 2009 - July 2011
Welcome to the forum for Small Business Server 2011 Essentials and Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials!
Welcome to the forum for SBS 2011 Essentials and Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials!
SBS 2011 Essentials and WSS 2008 R2 Essentials are both build on top of Windows Server 2008 R2 platform, and share the technologies from Windows Server Solutions product family.
Customers will benefit from enhanced technical expertise when the two communities are combined together.
Note, there are still major differences between these two products, It will be helpful to call out the product name when ask questions, following are some of the examples:
1. SBS 2011 Essentials must be a Domain Controller; WSS 2008 R2 Essentials can be a standalone server.
2. SBS 2011 Essentials does not include Media Feature.
3. WSS 2008 R2 Essentials are offered via OEM channel as devices, the “headless recovery” method for server recovery is used, where a server recovery DVD and a USB key are needed. For details, refer to the OEM manufactory’s user manual.
For manuafactory related quesions and issues, you can reference your manuafactory's support and community site, for example: http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-Sentinel-DX4000/bd-p/sentinel
Sticky1VotesBackup Box by Gramps - http://www.smallbizserver.com/store.php small OEM that builds solutions based on HP MicroServer The BoonBox - ...
Windows Server Service Provider Registry fails to start - error 1067 The process terminated unexpectedlyHello experts, I have a SBS 2011 Essentials installation that suddenly has an empty dashboard. Event ...
Unanswered0VotesI am running Windows Small Business Server 2011 Essentials. The backup process is not working. Error log posted below. I have searched for this, but there are no ...
Unanswered0VotesI am working with a SBS 2011 and My question is about running different backups on the same server. Currently we are using the native or built in backup ...
Unanswered0Votes The following error occured attempting to join the domain "Pronto": An attempt to resolve the DNS name of a domain controller in the domain being joined ...
Unanswered0VotesI installed QuickBooks POS 2013 on a Windows SBS 2011 Essentials server last year. In order to prevent QuickBooks POS from crashing, every user either signs in as an administrator or has ...
Unanswered0VotesDear, I would like to know the features of Window Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials. I also want to know if this OS supports Clustering. I ...
Answered1VotesOn an SBS 2011 Essentials server, I have removed several computers from the Dashboard, but chose to save the backups. However, when I scroll down to the Archived Computer Backups section, there are no ...
Answered0VotesWe are a small business with about 15 desktops and one SBS 2011 Essentials server. I have been upgrading all of the desktops to Win7, and just `connected' number 11 to the server last night. This ...
Answered0VotesI'm trying to replicate Small Business Server by installing Server Essentials and Exchange on one server. Is this possible or recommended? Should I VM Exchange on the Essentials ...
Answered0VotesRunning SBS 2011 Essentials in a small office. Running XP/Vista/7 clients. All working fine until we swapped routers. Old router died, new router was installed. Now all ...
Answered0VotesFirstly my server is running Windows Storage Server 2012 and my client pc is Windows 7 Pro. I shared out my printer which is using parallel port so when go to the client PC to grab the printer by ...
Answered0VotesHello, After migrating a customer from Windows Small Business Server 2008 R1 to Microsoft Windows Server 2012 (DC) and Microsoft Windows Server 2012 & Exchange 2013 there are a ...
Unanswered0VotesI can't get to my /remote website from outside my LAN using IE. I can get to it from firefox and am able to log in with no problems but am not able to RDP into any resources on my ...
Proposed0VotesHello, A client of mine has the SBS 2011 installed in a server and has a domain (domain.com.py) with several users. Everything worked just ...
Unanswered0VotesCurrently have 2 offices running completely separately domains, main office has SBS 2011 with Exchange and the other (branch office) has SBS2003. The site with 2003 has its own exchange domain name ...
Answered0VotesHello all, I have been working on a SBS2003 to SBS2011 migration. I am following the migration document v12.05.04 and I am stuck on Page 17. I have created the ...
Answered1VotesI encountered this nightmare problem yesterday when the wild weather was smashing a small business customer of mine and they experienced some electrical issues. During the problems, ...
Answered0Voteswdsentinel media server available to other libraries uncertain how to delete unwanted (current folder) folders him there?
- Items 1 to 20 of 1482 Next ›